5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 3:29 PM by DocXoc

Strange problem - any ideas to solve it?

Flamebg Level 1
      Ok stright to the point. I've made my flash site fit the exact window of internet explorer with no extra toolbars. This is 1001 width and 586 height for 1024 x 768 resolution. Testing it from my computer it looks perfect no scrolling bars. But when I upload it and I open the website there are scrollers (up-down and left-right) and about 3 milimeters plain background from the html code there. And where I push F5 to refresh the screen - this problem is gone and I view the site as on my computer perfectly matching the internet explorer window.
      Any solution to this problem? It is damn stupid to make people refresh the site to review it as it was meant to be..

Second littly question on that same website I use an external css file to format the text in a text area in my website. The strange thing is that sometimes it doesn't load the css files cuz the text doesn't look like it was meant to be. When I push F5 to refresh it is ok again. If I click on another button to change the text loaded again from external file into the text area the css starts working again. The problem is when I open the site.. the main page auto opens and sometimes it loads the css, sometimes not...
      Any solution to this problem too ?

thanks for the help in advance ;-]
        • 1. Re: Strange problem - any ideas to solve it?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          1. what are you doing to size your flash?

2. you're probably trying to use your css file before loading is complete.
          • 2. Strange problem - any ideas to solve it?
            Flamebg Level 1
            Well I tried moving the code for loading the css file to the front of the timeline.. to the back.. that doesn't help. If you meant to do a code that say when finished loading the textArea then load the css file.. then can I get a little help with that code ;-]

And about sizing flash I actually do nothing.. I mean... I will paste you the html.. cuz that's the only think I actually edit.. maybe there is the problem:

<html xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
            <head>
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-5" />
            <title>.:: "IMAGE" Ltd ::.</title>
            </head>
            <body bgcolor="#1B341B" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
            <table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
            <tr>
            <td align="left">
            <!--url's used in the movie-->
            <a href="mailto:image@mbox.contact.bg?subject=&body="></a>
            <!--text used in the movie-->
            <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
            <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="1001" height="586" id="YoanProject" align="middle">
            <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
            <param name="movie" value="YoanProject.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="YoanProject.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1001" height="586" name="YoanProject" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
            </object>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>
            </body>
            </html>

When I start this html the site fits exactly into the internet explorer window (with no additional toolbars) when I open it on my pc.
            The size of the Flash in the html is the same as in the fla file.. nothing changed. And when I upload it and open it.. the problem I mentioned above..

I hope that helps you to help me ;-]
            • 3. Re: Strange problem - any ideas to solve it?
              Flamebg Level 1
              still waiting for answer...
              • 4. Re: Strange problem - any ideas to solve it?
                kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                1. that's a browser issue: give yourself a cushion of a few pixels. though that won't make much difference for anyone but you.

2. you need an onLoad() or onData() handler or some kind of loop to ensure your text file that contains your css definition is loaded before assigning it to a textfield's style property.
                • 5. Re: Strange problem - any ideas to solve it?
                  DocXoc
                  Fitting to the exact size of IE on 1024x768 is not such a good idea. Not everyone has the same screen settings. Many people change their default fonts, sizes and add toolbars like they are going out of fashion! Even changing the taskbar on Windows will mess things up.

If you are doing a kiosk-type install, where you have control over the PC config, you can make IE (or FF) go to 'FullScreen' mode, then you'll have an easy 1024x768 to work with.