6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 5:31 PM by A.T. Romano

custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!

albertoo21186661

hello,

my custom motion titles only appear in the custom titles selection menu as a list, no image of it, I can't drag and drop them, or look at it at all. why?

If I recently used one of them, it will show just fine in the recently used tab!

I'm using a PC with windows 10 64bit.

Thanks

• 1. Re: custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

albertoo

What you described has happened to me with Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit, that is, save a Motion Title, and come to find it in Motion Title/Custom represented as panel with correct name for the saved Motion Title, but no image underneath the panel to drag into project for another use. But, what I have observed, if I open and close and reopen the project or another new project, Titles & Text Tab/Motion Titles/Custom now has the panel with Motion Title name and thumbnail to go with the name. This thumbnail can be dragged to the Timeline to be used in the project.

I have another Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit which exhibits similar behavior but is less manageable. I am going to look at this some more on another Windows 10 64 bit to determine if I can get this Motion Titles feature to work consistently for one time use as well as for use after saving.

It does work sometimes from the saved Motion Titles Custom, and most of the time for create and  use.

Please consider, give more details of your Motion Titles choices, and we will work on this some more.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!
            albertoo21186661 Level 1

Thank you A.T. Romano, I'll give it a try!

• 3. Re: custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!
              pgauba Adobe Employee

Hi albertoo,

This issue is Windows 10 specific.

There is a workaround, Create a new custom motion title and then you will see the previously added custom titles.

You can use this workaround after creating new project, opening existing project and switching between Quick and expert view. For all these operations you need to create a custom motion title.

Other custom titles will start appearing after creating this.

One more thing, I want to add here is, close the title view before opening title and text panel.

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Pankaj Gauba

Thanks for the follow up.

What you describe appears to be consistent with what I have observed and reported in post 1.

Recently I installed purchased Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit and did not

run into these problems with 14's new Motion Titles. But, now you say that this is exclusively a Windows 10 matter.

Have you found any relationship between the level of computer resources on Windows 10 computer and this Motion Title issue?

ATR

• 5. Re: custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!
                  albertoo21186661 Level 1

No, the issue was there even when I was using windows 7.

Alberto

• 6. Re: custom motion titles unavailable!!!!!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Alberto

Thank you for that very important information on your experiences with these Premiere Elements 14 Motion Titles.

I have done limited studies with Premiere Elements 14 Windows 7 64 bit and Motion Titles. And the one or two creations had no problems there.

That come after continued very erratic successes and failures with Premiere Elements 14 Windows 10 64 bit (two different computers).

I will give this Premiere Elements 14 Motion Titles issue a major workout on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit and report back. I had promised to do this

a few weeks ago, but got detoured.

To be continued....

ATR