6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 8:40 PM by brianb73166177

raw canon 7d mark II

brianb73166177

Hello,

I use the adobe cloud and just got a canon 7d mark II camera and can't open the Raw files in Lightroom.  Does anyone know how to upgrade creative cloud so it will work.

Thanks,

Brian

• 1. Re: raw canon 7d mark II
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

Try logging out of the CC app then logging back in - that should prompt it to check for updates.

Which version of Lr do you have right now? The 7D Mk II has been supported since Lr 5.7, so you should already have support if you're using a CC version of Lr.

Any error messages? Exactly what do they say?

• 2. Re: raw canon 7d mark II
            brianb73166177 Level 1

It says Lightroom 2.7.  I ran all updates (I use cloud version) says there are no more updates you are saying there is a 5.7 version why would mine be so far behind if I am paying a monthly fee for the cloud and it doesn't have the latest version.

• 3. Re: raw canon 7d mark II
              dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom 2.7 is not Creative Cloud.

Perhaps you have two Lightroom installations on your computer and you are not opening the Creative Cloud version.

• 4. Re: raw canon 7d mark II
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

brianb73166177 wrote:

It says Lightroom 2.7.  I ran all updates (I use cloud version) says there are no more updates you are saying there is a 5.7 version why would mine be so far behind if I am paying a monthly fee for the cloud and it doesn't have the latest version.

If you're using the creative cloud you should be using Lightroom CC 2015.3, which is even newer than 5.7. Have you installed from the creative cloud application manager? Lightroom 2.7 is so old that you must either be using very old camera equipment or you are shooting JPEG. Lightroom 2.7 has never been part  of the cloud program. Installing the creative cloud version will not replace Lightroom 2.7. Is installed in addition to any older version of Lightroom and may be installed on your computer.

• 5. Re: raw canon 7d mark II
                  brianb73166177 Level 1

Thank you for your help you where correct.  I just assumed that the cloud version over wrote the old version and because I never use Lightroom I could figure out why I couldn't open a Raw file like I do in Photoshoop.

Thanks,

Brian

• 6. Re: raw canon 7d mark II
                    brianb73166177 Level 1

Thank you for your help you where correct.  I just assumed that the cloud version over wrote the old version and because I never use Lightroom I couldn't figure out why I couldn't open a Raw file like I do in Photoshoop.

Thanks,

Brian