7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 5:09 PM by angelew36114367

lost pictures -

angelew36114367

I had 2 LR icons on my computer from the update. 1 icon contained certain images and the other more recent. Well something happened and I don't have the pictures on the old icon and its a customers bridals. Please help

• 1. Re: lost pictures -
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR doesn't do anything to your images. Your images are still in the folders you placed them in when you first copied or moved them from your camera or the cameras memory card.

Deleting a Shortcut or Alias icon for LR from your desktop will have no effect on what and where your images are stored on your hard drive. So do a search of your drive  to find those images then import them into LR.

I suggest you view some of the very good Online Tutorials on how LR works and how to use LR. It seems you don't have any real knowledge of either.

• 2. Re: lost pictures -
            angelew36114367 Level 1

I didn't delete the icon. It asked to backup and once it did it erased the other files on the non-upgraded one.

• 3. Re: lost pictures -
              angelew36114367 Level 1

I do have knowledge of LR as I have been using it for 4 years now. I understand it makes a backup file to my computer. I have accessed those and they are not there. I have even went to file open catalog and it only gives me the option of the recent one. Those pictures that were in LR prior to the update are gone.

• 4. Re: lost pictures -
                angelew36114367 Level 1

found them without looking at videos. Problem solved

• 5. Re: lost pictures -

Your Files are Not IN LR. LR is just a Database program that References your image files. So those images are on your hard drive someplace.

Open the File Manager for your OS version, Finder for Mac and Windows or File Explorer for Windows, and Search for JPG or the RAW file extension used by your camera. I'm sure they will turn up.

• 6. Re: lost pictures -

angelew36114367 wrote:

found them without looking at videos. Problem solved

So your problem wasn't with the files being deleted by LR or whatever icon you had on your desktop going away. It was because of your lack of knowledge on how LR works and how to properly use LR. And even how to properly use a computer.

Just say-in.

Glad you found them. I knew you would eventually.

• 7. Re: lost pictures -
                      angelew36114367 Level 1

Not sure why you have to be so demeaning. I did search my hard drive for them as well as lightroom catalogs prior to me posting this question. I do have knowledge of a computer and NO icon was ever deleted. You seem to think I deleted the icon which apparently you thought I thought the files were deleted which in turn made you think I have no knowledge of a computer and how it works. Which what actually happened is the update to LR updated one catalog and not the other. Hense the reason I could not find the files in the un-updated LR. Just saying! Have a great night!