15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 11:33 AM by adamk4715416

Images not showing up in Lightroom CC

Donald Newton

When using an external editing plugin my newly edited image does not appear in the Collection after re-import to Lightroom. They do appear in "All Photographs", but not in the Collection with the original image.

• 1. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi DonaldNewton

Which external editing Plugin are you using?

Also do you select the target collection while importing those pictures?

Regards

Akash

• 2. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
            Donald Newton Level 1

The plugin is Aurora HDR Pro by MacPhun and I haven't had any problems with the programs by that company. The edited photo is supposed to export back to and stack with the originals image in Lightroom.

• 3. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
              menio

Hi Donald

I've been having the same problem even though I've already used Aurora/ Lightroom in about a hundred photos with no problem. Now every time I'm finished with Aurora Lightroom gives the message "no photo selected"! Please if you find out what is happening, get in touch.

The only way to continue editing the picture is if I delete the collection from lightroom and import the whole lot again...obviously not the way it was supposed to be working.

Any help will be great appreciated.

• 4. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                adamk4715416

I am having a similar problem:

I purchased Aurora HDR 2018 last night and installed it as a plugin for LR CC (Classic). Showed as installed. I exported with LR edits 5 bracketed images and Aurora was able to create a merged image. Did my editing and hit "apply" and Aurora showed was exporting back to LR. Aurora then closed and took me back to LR. Strangely, I then see dialogue in LR showing it is still exporting the images to Aurora. Hmmm. In any event, that dialogue closes shortly thereafter but I can't find my Aurora HDR image anywhere that was supposedly sent back to LR? I tried it twice with two different sets of images and the same thing happened. I also shut the
                programs down and restarted, but no luck. I understood that Aurora would send it back to LR so it showed up right next to my original set of images. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 5. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check the sort order in Lightroom. I find on my computer that every time I import new images the sort order gets changed to "added order" no matter what I do. I prefer to have it in filename order because that will keep images together if I use photo merge or HDR merge. If I forget to change it then the merged image ends up at the end of the film strip.

• 6. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                    adamk4715416 Level 1

Thanks for the quick response Jim. Will check it out tonight and report back.

• 7. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                      adamk4715416 Level 1

Update - I changed my sort order view to virtually every option in LR and still could not find the Aurora HDR merge that was supposedly sent back to LR. I looked both in the keyword group of which the original merged images were a part AND in my all images (90,000+). I did NOT scour through each of my 90,000+ images. I looked carefully at the beginning and end of the image library and next to the original merge images.Not a happy camper...  Does the Aurora HDR image retain the key words of the original images it merged?
                      What is the file type it sends back to LR? if they were DNG files in LR, will they stay as DNG after Aurora exports back to LR? I dont use Catalogs in LR, but I noticed last night that the upper left of my screen said "Lightroom
                      Catalog 2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Library." Not sure what the "Catalog 2" is telling me ? Aside from just getting Aurora, I also just switched to LR CC from standalone LR 6. Any further thoughts?

• 8. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC

First of all, you cannot avoid using a catalog in Lightroom. The catalog is literally the only file that Lightroom opens. All the work that you do is stored in the catalog. The images that you work on are objects that are stored in the Lightroom catalog. The changes that you make to your images are stored in the catalog, they are not applied to the images. The only way you can have an image file on disk that has those changes applied to it is to export a copy from Lightroom. So you DO use the Lightroom catalog. Some users have the mistaken idea that their images are mysteriously "in" Lightroom. That is not the case at all. They are simply located in folders on their computer. Lightroom simply keeps track of where they are located and uses the catalog to do that. If Aurora is like every other typical plug-in/add-on, It is necessary for Lightroom to create a pixel-based image to send to it because most of these add-ons are not capable of working with raw data. Consequently, the returned image will be in addition to the original(s) that you chose.

• 9. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                          adamk4715416 Level 1

Thanks Jim. I was also advised by someone that the "Catalog 2" reference is b/c I updated from LR 6 to LR CC. Unfortunately, this still leaves me no closer to solving the issue. If you are able, can you please answer my other questions. Namely:

1) Does the Aurora HDR image retain the key words of the original images it merged?

2) What is the file type Aurora sends back to LR?

I should note that I was unable to locate a separate Aurora forum, but will do a little more digging, as I might have better success there.

• 10. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC

I'm not a keyword person, don't have an answer for that one. How do you access Aurora in Lightroom?

• 11. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                              adamk4715416 Level 1

I highlight the bracketed images in LR and then right click on mouse and choose export. Under Export it shows Aurora HDR 2018 and I select Export a copy to Aurora with LR edits, since I made basic adjustments to each before sending to Aurora. Here is a screen shot of someone else performing the export in a YouTube video. After you select that action, it will open Aurora and an HDR merge dialogue will pop up in Aurora:

• 12. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC

I watched the YouTube tutorial, and it looks like the Aurora plug-in saves a TIF file. But I can't tell you why isn't saving it back to Lightroom. Sorry.

• 13. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                                  adamk4715416 Level 1

Thanks for the follow up. I tried sorting LR images by file type, but that didn't help. I also left my inquiries in response to that Youtube video and hope to hear from him soon. Will also email Aurora directly, but have heard their response time is very slow.

• 14. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                                    florinm82791044

Hi,

I have changed in Collections > Filter Collections and selected Recently Modified, after I exported from Aurora... seems to work.

• 15. Re: Images not showing up in Lightroom CC
                                      adamk4715416 Level 1

Thanks. I was able to get Aurora and LR playing nicely together, although not sure what did it. Tim Grey B&H video on workflow with LR and PS was very useful and showed me how to set up plugins in "Preferences." Also, I read that the recent LR CC program updates may have done it. For now, fingers crossed ...