2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 3:37 PM by MeredithY

Adobe Character Animator is grayed out and I can not open it.

burnt rice Level 1

Adobe Character Animator is grayed out and I can not open it. I have been on the chat for over 2 hours and they told me to ask my question. Can someone Please help?

Thank You,

Cliff Scott

• 1. Re: Adobe Character Animator is grayed out and I can not open it.
          Jeff Almasol Adobe Employee

A few things to check:

• Can you check that your C:\Program Files\Adobe folder contains both the "Adobe After Effects CC 2015" and "Adobe Character Animator (Preview)" subfolders, and that the Adobe Character Animator (Preview)\Support Files\ subfolder contains Character Animator.exe?
          • Did this just start happening or has it always been greyed out?
          • Are you running AE version 13.5 or 13.5.1? (choose Help > About After Effects)
          • What version of the Creative Cloud desktop application are you using? (click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Creative Cloud application, then choose Preferences)
          • If you open the Start menu, do you see an "Adobe Character Animator (Preview)" icon? If so, does launching the application that way work?
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Character Animator is grayed out and I can not open it.
            MeredithY Adobe Employee

Hello -

Can you take a look at the solution in this thread and see if it works for you?

Let us know if you are still encountering issues after trying these steps.

Character Animator greyed out

Thank you,

Meredith