2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 8:58 AM by stevenmharwood

pictures disappeared from saved Blurb book after 'Saving' (via Create a Saved Book)  -- Lightroom 5.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

stevenmharwood

Hi everyone.   I was using the Book Module for the 1st time to create a Blurb book so I started with using a filtered (4 star) Collection of 243 images.   I created a new book and was making great progress with about 30+ pages done (~109 images) when I decided to do the 'safe' thing and attempted to save my work.   After I "Created a Saved Book", I realized that my the unused images in my filmstrip all went away and it only included the 109 of the 243 images I had already inserted into the book.  

I then proceeded Google for help and found a suggestion related to a previous version of Lightroom and it essentially had me go to the Library Module and click on the Collection with the full range of images and then drag a picture from the whole group shown in the filmstrip (my original filtered subset of 243) and put them back in the book shown 'underneath' my original collection.    It took me a couple of tries as the drag and drop wasn't working cleanly (or maybe it was operator error) but in the process, I somehow ended up with only 2 images in the collection now and zero images shown in the book.   Basically, my hours and hours of work have disappeared and the book is completely empty.

Without getting into how maddening this is, I have three questions:

1a) can someone help me recover my (hopefully) saved, partially completed book with the ~109 images so I can resume my work?     1b) If so, how do I add the remaining unused pictures back to the filmstrip?

2) can someone explain to me the safe way to save a book in progress to prevent this from happening the next time?

thanks,
      Steve

• 1. Re: pictures disappeared from saved Blurb book after 'Saving' (via Create a Saved Book)  -- Lightroom 5.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Check the folder in which you must have imported the images, you can check that in the folder panel under the library module.

To save your book so that you can return to working on it after exiting the Book module, click the Create Saved Book button in the preview area.

In the Create Book dialog box, name the book, indicate if you want to save it inside a collection set, and choose other options. Then, click Create.

Saved books appear in the Collections panel with a book icon .

Thanks

• 2. Re: pictures disappeared from saved Blurb book after 'Saving' (via Create a Saved Book)  -- Lightroom 5.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
            stevenmharwood Level 1

Thanks but the images are still located in the folder on my hard drive - they are just missing from the book and now from the collection I had previously created before i started the book.    In the Collections panel in Library, my collection now only has 2 images and the book i created created shows zero pictures included.   This is the problem I'm trying to solve.

Your method to save the book is exactly what I started doing but in the dialog box, I don't think I selected 'save it inside a collection' and that's when my problems began (e.g. the filmstrip only showing the 109 used photos and not the full 243 I wanted to use).   Then, to make matters worse, in the process of trying to re-add the unused pictures back to the filmstrip, I think I somehow accidentally removed them from the collection and this might have caused them to then disappear from my book.  The empty saved book shows up under Collections as a 'child' folder under its 'parent' collection. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Steve