2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2006 6:59 AM by CRO1

Glossary Headings - Possible?

CRO1 Level 1
      Hello All,

Using RoboHelp X5 to develop a Web Help project, which had a glossary composed of Acronyms and Terms.

Is it possible to manipulate the glossary tab so that I can have to two headings within the Term Pane? One heading would be Acronyms would list the Acronyms underneath in alphabetical order. The other heading, Terms, would list the terms in alpabetical order.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Glossary Headings - Possible?
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Two glossaries for the price of one eh? Well...

The easy answer is "No" but thinking outside the box for a second there are a couple of things you could consider.

1. Prefix your terms with T (term) and A (Acronym) so that they all appear in the correct order.

2. Use a topic for terms and another for acronyms and link to them from the TOC (i.e. forget using the glossary).

In the long and distant past I even had a glossary help file with a topic for each letter that was merged into a parent project TOC. It was done this way because I was using CHM files which required the HHACTIVEX.DLL to be registered on user's PC. Also the glossary was more easily accessible.

Just a thought!
          • 2. Re: Glossary Headings - Possible?
            CRO1 Level 1
            Hi Colum,

Thanks for your response. I guess I will go with creating a topic with the Glossary Terms and Acronyms. I have done this in the past so the work will be minimal.

Cheers