We already have a 4*6 template available in Lightroom, but it can not be automatically filled with the images.
You have to select the images and need to switch to Print module.
The template needs to be a 4x6 size, but contain four pictures inside....
1 person found this helpful
With Photoshop Scripting you can layout 4X6 on sheet paper or roll paper. Its quite simple with scripts like my PasteImageRoll which it part of my Photo Collage Toolkit. Its easy to design custom template an populate the interactivly, or fully automated and even batched. I do not install Loghtroom can not help you there.
Photo Collage Toolkit
Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this A video showing a 5 image collage PSD template being populates with images:
The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.
- Size the photo collage templates for the print size you want - width, height and print DPI resolution.
- Photo collage templates must have a Photoshop background layer. The contents of this layer can be anything.
- Photo collage templates must have alpha channels named "Image 1", "Image 2", ... "Image n".
- Photo collage templates layers above the background layers must provide transparent areas to let the images that will be placed below them show through.
There are twelve scripts in this package they provide the following functions:
- TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
- CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
- LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
- InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
- ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
- ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
- PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
- BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
- BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder
- PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
- PCTpreferences.jsx - Edit This File to Customize Collage Populating scripts default setting and add your own Layer styles.
For multiple images in single print, you can print in Lightroom using custom package layout style.
Please check the below links for more information
For something like this you might be better off with actual photo booth software, unless you specifically wanted to use Lightroom. But you have a few options, notably:
- DSLR Remote Pro
- Social Booth
- Darkroom Booth etc
To create the actual photo booth templates you can try an app called Paddee. Even if you decide to use Lightroom you can import your Paddee designs into LR and get the look you want.