6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 10:30 PM by MobileDeveloperCK

PDF changes [iOS]

justinlnx

My changes are not being saved on my PDFs. This is frustrating when taking notes. i will make changes and exit the document, it says it is syncing files, but when I come back to it the changes are gone. This began with the most recent update.

• 1. Re: PDF changes
          Anubha Goel Adobe Employee

Hi justinlnx,

Please let me know what exact version of Reader and OS you are using.

Regards,

Anubha

• 2. Re: PDF changes
            justinlnx Level 1

Acrobat Reader = 15.2.1

iOS = 8.1.2

• 3. Re: PDF changes [iOS]
              MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi justinlnx,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Would you please provide additional information so that we can investigate the problem?

1. Where are your PDF documents stored?  Adobe Document Cloud or Dropbox?
              2. Do you access the same PDF documents from Acrobat Reader on other mobile devices or computers?
              3. Is Mobile Link enabled?
              4. Would you please explain what you mean by "when I come back to it the changes are gone"?
                Do you mean that (a) you switched to other app and switched back to Acrobat Reader, (b) you closed a PDF document and reopened it immediately, or something else?
              5. Have you seen any error messages while syncing files?
              6. Have you seen Acrobat Reader crashed/disappeared all of a sudden?  (When Acrobat crashes, you will be taken back to the iOS home screen.)

Additionally, would you please open Safari on your device and go to

https://cloud.acrobat.com/ (if you store your documents in Adobe Document Cloud)

https://www.dropbox.com/ (if you store your documents in Dropbox)

and check if comments appear in your PDF documents in the cloud?

Your input would help us reproduce the problem at our end and properly diagnose the cause of the problem.

Thank you very much!

• 4. Re: PDF changes [iOS]
                justinlnx Level 1

I save my documents on the Document Cloud and access them via iPad.

Mobile Link is on.

If I double tap to multitask on a different app and come back to my pdf, "a system error" occurs and the document closes without saving changes. Additionally, I will make changes (i.e. Highlights, drawings, text), close the document, and then reopen later and notice those changes not saved. Keep in mind, this is after I see the "syncing files" banner on the bottom come and go. However, this problem does not happen all the time. I have had success saving changes and I can see those changes in Safari on the document cloud.

One recurring problem I've noticed has been making a drawing (e.g. Arrow, underline, etc.), tapping "save" in the upper right corner and then that drawing subsequently disappears and doesn't seem to save.

• 5. Re: PDF changes [iOS]

Hi justinlnx,

Thank you so much for the information!

Does the problem seem to occur more frequently after you add freehand drawings to cloud documents?

FreehandDrawing.png

What is the typical file size of your cloud PDF documents that exhibit the problem?  Are the documents fairly large in size (> 1 MB)?

Thank you again for your help.

• 6. Re: PDF changes [iOS]

Hi justinlnx,

We just released Acrobat Reader for iOS version 15.3.0 on January 5, 2016.

This release includes the fix for the defect that you have encountered.

Would you please give it a try and let us know if it works for you?

Thank you!