1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 9:01 PM by Rick Gerard

How to use a 3d light to obscure a photo?

Deluded.Mythos

I'm trying to use a low opacity photo to add a texture to the background of my project, however, I have a spotlight on a solid underneath my text. I'd like for the light from the spotlight to completely obscure the photo texture while leaving the rest of the texture intact. Changing the layer order doesn't seem to effect anything and all of my other ideas have proved to be fruitless. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!!

• 1. Re: How to use a 3d light to obscure a photo?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am not understanding your project structure very well. The photograph must be a 3D layer for the light to have an effect. You can use blending modes and material options to change how a 3D layer responds to the light. I can't be of much more help than that unless I have a better understanding of what you are trying to do.

Here's a suggestion. Deselect all layers in your comp and then press the u key twice to reveal all modified properties for all layers. If there are layers that have no bearing on the problem you are having spin those closed. Now take a full screenshot of your project and drag it to the reply field on this forum so we can see what you are trying to do. Good layer naming habits will make it easier to figure out what you are trying to do.