1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2009 8:54 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flex AMF with Currently Existing Backend

phillipus_rex Level 1
      I am working with a .NET developer who has already created a large project (over 60 web methods) that is designed for SOAP web services. However, because of the large amount of data that will be transferred, we may have to use AMF with WebOrb or Flourine.

My question is this: Is it going to be simple for our developer to do this on the server side, or is this going to require a complete redo of the architecture?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Flex AMF with Currently Existing Backend
          Level 7

"phillipus_rex" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gpu976$imh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am working with a .NET developer who has already created a large project
          > (over 60 web methods) that is designed for SOAP web services. However,
          > because
          > of the large amount of data that will be transferred, we may have to use
          > AMF
          > with WebOrb or Flourine.
          >
          > My question is this: Is it going to be simple for our developer to do
          > this on
          > the server side, or is this going to require a complete redo of the
          > architecture?

All of the logic to pull and edit the records should be in place, so really
          the only piece that needs to change is the parsing. But my understanding is
          that .NET does some wizardly stuff that might write the services for the
          developer without the developer's having to have actual understanding of
          what is going on. If this is the way the web services were written, you
          might have auto generated code that may not be written to make it easy to
          switch parts out.