• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2015 will no longer open after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling the app, and restarting my computer.  No luck.  I get the error message, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." when I open the program from the windows start bar.  When I try to launch the app from the creative cloud app (3.41.181) nothing happens.

I am on a Windows 10 desktop computer 64 bit OS

8 Gb of ram

ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics card with lastest drivers (15.11.1) from AMD

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Premier Pro worked just fine yesterday, although I was no longer able to select the accelerate with GPU option when I started a new project.

Other Adobe apps like Lightroom and Audition open just fine.

What should my next course of action be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Hi Travis A,

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

What should my next course of action be?

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.2).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 182 Replies 182

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi travisa65107528‌,

A few steps you can try:

- Uninstall all Adobe apps using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

- Uninstall all Microsoft C++ libraries from Control Panel

- Reinstall Premiere Pro (only Premiere Pro first)

Hope this helps..

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all of the steps with the chat tech, and did not fix the issue.  He says engineering is working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi travisa65107528,

A few steps you can try:

- Uninstall all Adobe apps using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

- Uninstall all Microsoft C++ libraries from Control Panel

- Reinstall Premiere Pro (only Premiere Pro first)

What happens if you - Uninstall all Microsoft C++ libraries from Control Panel?  Is this safe.  I though the Microsoft C++ libraries were essential to the operating system.  Do you have to reinstall them?

The same thing is happening with my premiere pro.  Windows update last night.  Running Windows 7, 8gb RAM, Service Pack 1, AMD Radeon R& 200 series with the latest driver version#15.300.1025.1001 and a 6 core cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you - Uninstall all Microsoft C++ libraries from Control Panel?  Is this safe.  I though the Microsoft C++ libraries were essential to the operating system.  Do you have to reinstall them?

Usually, it is not recommended to uninstall those libraries because your installed programs need them. However, most programs reinstall Microsoft C++ libraries when they are installed [CC desktop app also installs Microsoft C++ libraries for instance]

The same thing is happening with my premiere pro.  Windows update last night.  Running Windows 7, 8gb RAM, Service Pack 1, AMD Radeon R& 200 series with the latest driver version#15.300.1025.1001 and a 6 core cpu.

Is your CPU also an AMD?

FYI, we've investigated the OP's issue to be related to AMD CPUs.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, AMD.  Also, the project I was working on yesterday will not open in CS6.  It is saying the file (and all my backups) are damaged, corrupt and cannot be opened.  I am sick.  That was a lot of work.  I will try Premiere Pro CC or CC 2014 and see if I can open my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hardware: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition and AMD

Sapphire Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-D/VGA with Boost PCI-Express Graphics Card.

Apparently the Premiere Pro projects I was working on in Premiere Pro CC 2015 are not backwards compatible.  I cannot open them up in previous versions.  I have to render this video and deliver to a client.  What am I going to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The projects I was working on when this started (with Premiere Pro CC 2015) loaded without issue for me in the older version of CC 2015, as well as in CC 2014. Perhaps that's a different issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything wrong with this short term apparent solution:

It seems the problem was solved in the latest version of After Effects CC 2015, and that resulted in an updated DNxHR.dll file that can be found in the After Effects folder.

If that file is copied into the Premier CC 2015 folder, then the problem completely goes away.

(note, first back up the older version of DNxHR.dll in the Premier CC 2015 folder)

A lot of people are really stuck, and it is taking Adobe quite a long time to deliver a solution that they already seem to know how to fix.

Please let me know if this idea could result in new problems on down the road.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If that file is copied into the Premier CC 2015 folder, then the problem completely goes away."

Nope

Processor       AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor, 3200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I retried the fix offered up on Fix 0xc0000142 error for AMD after Premiere Pro CC 2015.1 Update‌ - this time it worked

ha - I found I had two installs of Premiere on different hard-dives - shortcut was pointing to the install I had not applied the fix to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis,

We have reported the issue to the concerned team and it seems that it is happening mainly with the machine having AMD Phenom II processors. Please try the steps that "Rameez" has mentioned in the post 2 and your issue might get resolved.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this issue. I'm having a AMD Phenom II X6 / Windows7. After deinstalling PP 2015.1 und reinstall PP 2015.0.2 the CC Tool doesnt show the updates right now. Same behavior with AE. Mediaencoder works, but when I closed the programm Windows7 reports an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, AMD Athlon x2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting  error: 0xc000001d Premier and AfterEffects. Running windows 7 64 bit, service pack 1, AMD Phenom II x4 840 Processor 3.2GH, with 32G Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I I'm having the same problem. I have AMD phenom II

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem, have Phenom II X6 and Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear this. We have already reported this with AMD processors. Hope this get fix soon.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, hope so, very annoying, when you got a job to do 🙂

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Unacceptable. Posted here about something related (I would like to know what Adobe plans to do to compensate for this. I'm not getting paid right now because of them, yet I'm still paying them for unusable software): Newest Premiere Pro update won't open, what is Adobe going to do to compensate for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I install the previous version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the above.  I'm running on an AMD Phenom as well and having the same issue.  For now, I rolled back to the pre-updated version and will work with that until a fix is pushed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind explaining how you roll back the drivers? Dying to get some work done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian Chambers wrote:

Do you mind explaining how you roll back the drivers? Dying to get some work done

It depends on which OS you are on, but you can usually do it fairly intuitively from the device manager.

Rolling back a driver from Device Manager in Windows 10 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This step appears to be for rolling back device drivers, not software? I'm looking to rollback to the previous Premiere CC, before the Dec 1st update. I'm on Windows 7 if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines