2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 5:41 AM by kadel27

Error: arithmetic over/underflow - Divided by zero?

kadel27

Hello,

Im newbie on Adobe LiveCycle. Ive successfully create a form and now I wanted to put some calculating on it.

Everything is fine, pdf is calculating, but Im getting an errors, because I understand that Im trying to calculate with the filed, those are empty - not inputed yet as a zero fields => divide by zero... ?

May somebody please help me, how to write the formula to not get the errors?

My actual formula is:

pod11.rawValue = ( ( ( pod2.rawValue * ( pod8.rawValue / 100 ) ) - pod6.rawValue ) / pod2.rawValue ) * 100

Thank You very much for the help!

K.

• 1. Re: Error: arithmetic over/underflow - Divided by zero?
          Magus069 Level 4

Hi there,

to prevent errors within calculate you should verify each fields to make sure there is no rawValue that is equal to null..

if you are using formcalc, use "<>" or "ne" to specify not equal to

if you are using javascript, use "!=" or "!==" to specify not equal to

JavaScript

if (pod2.rawValue != null && pod8.rawValue != null && pod6.rawValue != null){

pod11.rawValue = ( ( ( pod2.rawValue * ( pod8.rawValue / 100 ) ) - pod6.rawValue ) / pod2.rawValue ) * 100;

} else{

pod11.rawValue = null;

}

FormCalc

if (pod2.rawValue <> null & pod8.rawValue <> null & pod6.rawValue <> null) then

pod11.rawValue = ( ( ( pod2.rawValue * ( pod8.rawValue / 100 ) ) - pod6.rawValue ) / pod2.rawValue ) * 100

else

pod11.rawValue = null

endif

Hope this will help!

• 2. Re: Error: arithmetic over/underflow - Divided by zero?
            kadel27 Level 1

THANKY YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

You made my day! :)