• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Design and Web Premium Update issue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I had to reinstall the suite from CD and I am having issues with the updater. The Adobe Update Manager is not working and when I click on updates from PS for example, I am being shown a message stating that I need to install Creative Cloud. I did that and my installed version is not recognized as I am being presented with options for the subscription based stuff only, which I have zero interest in doing.  Is the original Update Manager obsolete now and if so, how can I manually update my CS installation to the latest build please?

Thanks

Lyle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

My issue is resolved.. Soft of, but good enough.

I restored from backup.  I was still prompted by Adobe Application Manager for a required update, which I completed.  This time though, I did not sign in with my Adobe ID.  As mentioned in the initial report, this is the point where the Updater begins looking for Creative Cloud installations rather than my Creative Suite applications. 

I am able to update my apps now by using the Update option from within the app itself. Adobe Application Manager s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update by downloading the files directly and then applying them:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thank you for the quick reply.  I had been on this location earlier and navigated to Creative Suite /Windows. The highest version that I am seeing here is CS5 and I need CS6.

Adobe - Creative Suite : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do not see CS6, so it looks like you will need to go back and do your updates one program at a time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no 'suite' updates.  you update each program in the suite that you want to update.

that's no different for cs6 or any other cs version.  use the link in message 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded 3 updates from the link provided. I extracted the archives and executed the AdobePatchInstaller in each of the folders and nothing happens, even when Run as Administrator is selected.  No errors, but no installation either.  So it seems that individual updates are not working as well as the error that I am receiving when I try to update through the application about install Adobe Cloud Update. 

Why is it that I can no longer update through Adobe Application Manager for the CD version of CS6 as noted in the initial question.

Thanks

Lyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know why you cannot update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My issue is resolved.. Soft of, but good enough.

I restored from backup.  I was still prompted by Adobe Application Manager for a required update, which I completed.  This time though, I did not sign in with my Adobe ID.  As mentioned in the initial report, this is the point where the Updater begins looking for Creative Cloud installations rather than my Creative Suite applications. 

I am able to update my apps now by using the Update option from within the app itself. Adobe Application Manager still insists on looking to Creative Cloud.

Lyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines