4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 11:43 AM by jamesc64710956

Why does my document dissapear when I select  "fill & sign"?

richardw94717666

Why does my document disappear when I select "fill & Sign"?

• 1. Re: Why does my document dissapear when I select  "fill & sign"?
          AadeshSingh Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi richardw94717666,

Please let me know the version of Acrobat & OS installed on your computer?

What do you exactly mean by document get disappear on selecting Fill & Sign tool, do they become blank?

Have you tested this issue on other PDF files?

Regards,
          Aadesh

• 2. Re: Why does my document dissapear when I select  "fill & sign"?
            sangrover Adobe Employee

Hi richardw94717666,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. In order to help us find the root cause of the issue, kindly provide us the following details :

For Windows OS

1. Go to Run (Window + R). Type "regedit".

For 64 bit machine go to :  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\WebResource

For 32 bit machine go to:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\WebResource

and please verify if "cError" entry has been created or not.

2.  Kindly share the snapshot of the contents of these two locations :

For 64 bit machine go to :

• C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0
              • C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF

For 32 bit machine go to:

• C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/WebResources/Resource0
              • C:\ProgramFiles\<Reader/Acrobat installation>/AcroCEF

For MAC OS

1. Does this also happen with other applications like Send and Track, Send for Signature etc.?

2. When the blank screen appears while opening Fill and Sign, go to Activity Monitor and check whether a process named "RdrCEF"/"AcroCEF" is running or not?

3. Also go to Console application and verify if any crash logs have been generated under "User Diagnostic Reports"/"System Diagnostic Reports". If yes, please share them with us.

3. Go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Reader/Acrobat>/DC/WebResources/Resource0 and capture the snapshot of the contents. Please share the snapshot.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

• 3. Re: Why does my document dissapear when I select  "fill & sign"?
              aasiarkiewicz

I have the same issue. Here is the snapshot. Also in the activity monitor AcroCEF ( not responding)

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 12.53.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-17 at 12.53.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-17 at 12.51.38 PM.png

• 4. Re: Why does my document dissapear when I select  "fill & sign"?
                jamesc64710956

windows 7. latest version of adobe. after opening document, clicking the fill and sign at right. the toolbar for fill and sign appears and the document disappears.