4 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 7:15 AM by llombardia

After Effects CC 2014 beach balling when attempting to relink footage

llombardia

One of the artists I support is attempting to relink footage stored on an Isilon cluster for a project that is a variant of one he has already collected to the cluster. Some of the footage relinks normally; but most trigger an unrecoverable freeze in After Effects. I am seeing this issue not only on my artist's workstation but also on my own workstation:

• MacPro Tower, model 5,1, with 24GB of RAM, a 512GB Samsung 840EV SSD drive as the boot device, a 2.61TB RAID 5 as scratch space, running Mac OS X 10.9.5
      • MacPro Cylinder, model 6,1, with 32GB of RAM, 512GB of Apple SSD, running Mac OS X 10.11.1

The issue seems to only impact some of the missing footage; but all attempts to relink them cause After Effects to freeze. I have verified that both the artist and I both have full permissions on the Isilon cluster (we also have over half a petabyte of free space, so a shortage of space is not the cause of the problem).

This issue is holding up our migration to our new server, so we need it resolved as soon as possible, and I have yet to come across even a viable hypothesis.