• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC - Deactivate to reinstall custom package?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did, step by step:

1.  Installed Adobe Acrobat DC with license key for user

2. Upon first run, Adobe prompts for sign-in.

3.  I tell user I will defer her signing up an account with adobe (because I'm unsure of company policy) - Exited out of adobe

4.  I look to see how to disable sign-in prompt. Users point toward options within Adobe Customization Wizard

5.  Downloaded Adobe customization wizard, granted offline exception for license and disabled online features.

here is the issue:  now that i've installed the non-custom adobe for this user, how do i deactivate to reinstall the product, if i can't even get into the program without "signing up" with adobe?  has the product been activated upon install when it asks for my license key, or would it need an adobe ID in its first launch to activate the software?  i don't want this instance of an install to count against the license limit and then run into issues with a re-install.

thanks

edit (12/1/2015 4:21 PM):  for those interested, I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC using the modified package options provided by Adobe Customization Wizard.  This solves the sign-in prompt issue, but I'd still like to know whether the first install counted toward her license count (IIRC, Adobe allows licenses for two workstations for one user, most commonly for a user's desktop and laptop).

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ryan Breeze,

When you reinstalled Adobe Acrobat from the user's machine the license count was also removed. So after un-install and re-install only 1 license is counted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines