4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 11:07 AM by kristinaw6395170

Lightroom 6.3 import dialog blank

kristinaw6395170

Hello!  I would love some help on this.  I just upgraded to Lightoom 6.3 from Lightroom 2, mainly because I upgraded my camera from Canon 40D to Canon 6D.  After I upgraded to Canon 6D, I could no longer import photos to Lightoom 2--I would see black thumbnails and receive an error message that the photos were not recognizable could not be imported.  I thought upgrading to Lightroom 6.3 might help.  I am using an iMac with El Capitan v10.11 with a SanDisk card reader.

The first time I connected my SD card into the card reader, and opened Lightoom 6.3, the import dialog opened and I could see thumbnails for my photos from the card reader, external hard drive and photos on the iMac.  I imported the first batch from the card reader successfully.  Yay!! But, when I tried to import again, the import dialog was just blank.  It does not show any thumbnails from photos on the card reader, external hard drive or iMac. 

I've tried restarting the computer, and restarting Lightroom.  Help?  What could have happened after the first import?

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 11.10.47 AM.png