16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2016 9:55 AM by MervSims

Elements 11 Windows 10

MervSims

Since updatind to Windows 11 I ahve had several issues.

1/ After rendering it does not save. The next time file is opened only a few of them are saved, file has to to be rendered again.

2/ Burning DVD is terminated at 99% with error one was fault in software the other 2130903552.

Would you suggest reinstall over programme or uninstall and reinstall from disc.

Mervyn Sims

• 1. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

MerSims

Before uninstalling and reinstalling the software, let us look at some usual drill type matters....

1. Rendering the Timeline content, saving closing the project, and then opening the project to find the previously rendered Timeline content with the "unrendered" look is not unusual.

This impacts different file formats differently. In this type of situation the preview files produced originally are still alive and well at their hard drive save location. An apparent project - preview files disconnect has taken place for some files. I have never seen a fix for this situation. Although it may at first glance seem unacceptable, my suggestion is to move on in the project. Editing of any Timeline file is going to have an orange line over it indicating Timeline render for the best preview. If something needs to be rendered for a best preview, then consider selective Timeline content rendering. (Set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment for Timeline render). Remember, Timeline rendering does not fix anything. It is a preview feature, and your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later.

2. As for the burn to issue - what are you doing - burn to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

a. Make sure that you do not have a stop marker at the end or near the end of the last file on the Timeline.

b. Check the spacing between Timeline markers.

c. Check the menu buttons in the customization area to assure that they are not too close to one another - look for red frames as an indication that there are.

d. Did you try another disc or another project....can you burn to folder if you cannot burn to disc?

e. Did you look at the project with and without Timeline markers and menus?

Please consider and give more details. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
            MervSims Level 1

Many thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what format I should be burning, I just used what it was l when I opened up 'Elements' after Windows 10 upgrade. It had always worked with Windows 8.1.

Merv

• 3. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Merv

Thanks for the reply.

I upgraded two of my computers to Windows 10 64 bit. I have several versions of Premiere Elements on those computers that used to be Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit.

My impression continues to be the Premiere Elements problems are the same before and after the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit. With that thought in mind, let us explore what is the cause of the present burn to disc failure.

Please give answers for the questions previously asked. It will help us to help you. Those questions were

2. As for the burn to issue - what are you doing - burn to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

a. Make sure that you do not have a stop marker at the end or near the end of the last file on the Timeline.

b. Check the spacing between Timeline markers.

c. Check the menu buttons in the customization area to assure that they are not too close to one another - look for red frames as an indication that there are.

d. Did you try another disc or another project....can you burn to folder if you cannot burn to disc?

e. Did you look at the project with and without Timeline markers and menus?

Your burn to choice include

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD burn to folder (4.7 GB) or folder (8.5 GB)

Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD disc

Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD burn to folder (4.7 GB) or folder (8.5 GB)

From what you wrote, you are probably doing the first in that list, burn to DVD disc (DVD-VIDEO).

If you cannot burn to DVD disc (DVD-VIDEO), can you do the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB) successfully?

Please consider and give details. If you have problems with the questions, please let me know and I will ask another way. The details are important.

Thank you.

ATR

Also, do not forget - run the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges) and have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your computer.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

• 4. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                MervSims Level 1

Since last update I have fount more issues. Timeline was really messed up. Further along past what seemed to be end found gaps, sound files had jumped to video track. One presentation had no markers and one did. I have deleted them and going to make fresh start and use expert and not quick and then change as last time.

Thanks for your help   will let you know how I get on.

Merv

• 5. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                  MervSims Level 1

I have tried burning to folder and had successful message. What is the next thing to try.

Merv

• 6. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Merv

Great news about the success message for the burn to folder. But, have you tried to take this new Timeline content to burn to disc to determine if that is now working also?

I am assuming that you have just done

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD burn to folder (4.7 GB).

And you have or will try the new Timeline content burn to disc with

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD burn to disc.

ATR

• 7. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                      MervSims Level 1

Thanks for you reply. Hopefully will try tomorrow, been a bit busy overlast couple of days.

Merv

• 8. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Merv

Thanks for the update. It is helpful because it avoids the thread getting too far out of sight in the forum traffic.

We will be watching for your results whenever your schedule permits.

ATR

• 9. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                          MervSims Level 1

It did not work. Message is still same at 99%    'Internal software error:%0,%1'  What can the file I burned to disc be used for.

Merv

• 10. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Merv

Earlier I asked if you had a stop marker at the end of the Timeline content. What was your answer to that?

If you do have a stop marker there or very close to the end of the Timeline content, please remove it, and try the burn to disc again. A stop marker is not needed at that location and causes burn to disc problems.

If you are in a time crunch, you can take advantage of your success with burn to folder to create your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

To do that, you take only the VIDEO_TS Folder from the Premiere Elements saved folder into the free ImgBurn program (Windows only).

How to burn a DVD Folder with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

Please review the how to. If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                              MervSims Level 1

I couldn't find how to remove marker only extent it. My anti virus programme advised against installation of image burn.

Merv

• 12. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Merv

To remove Timeline marker, right click and select Clear Menu Marker.

With regard to ImgBurn...it is known for traveling with unwanted baggage. John T. Smith has contributed to these forums with suggestions to install ImgBurn without add ons.

http://forumsadobe.helloresource.com/thread/1322583?start=0&tstart=0

I am not sure if the above is his latest on the subject.

ATR

• 13. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                                  MervSims Level 1

Still nu luck. Failed at 99%. Image Burn did not have options to remove extras just starting to install and it had added Bing and another before even comfirming install.

• 14. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                                    MervSims Level 1

Nothing has changed after trying all suggestion. I have always had problems with this program. I had Roxio 10 before and never a problem.

Adobe had to repair program twice before before realising that opening organiser could not show video clip thumbnails unless Editor was opened first to allow download of other programs needed.

I think I am going to have to un-install and start from scratch   seeing message is fault in software.

Merv Sims

• 15. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Merv

Thanks for the follow up details. Great job of analyzing the situation and aiming for the important corrections.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Elements 11 Windows 10
                                        MervSims Level 1

There is a free Windows 10 DVD burner also can I use this. ImgBurn I think has 3rd party software included.