18 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 1:34 PM by terris86415680

What is wrong with you Adobe?

pacman640 Level 1

Begging me to upgrade my Creative Cloud programmes.  now I have.  And my whole team has.  And now it will cost our company thousands of dollars to get everyone up to sdpeed on the new interfaces... and you reset our profiles to your CRAP!!!

The best improvement you could make to any upgrade is just fix the bugs, add some features, but leave everything else intact.

This is not a joke... this is not a game... we are running a company and doing work... it's about money Adobe!!!  Do you not get it???

• 1. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
          terris86415680 Adobe Community Professional

The new interface isn't that big a change, unless new icons and buttons count as big. If your employees find such a mild update difficult to grasp I'd be a little worried about the caliber of the people you are hiring to be honest. The update seems to me to be quicker and more responsive. The list of fixed bugs is quite extensive, although I suspect that you haven't bothered to look at that as ranting and calling things crap is easier to do than a bit of reading. I haven't lost a thing and if you take the time  you will find you haven't either.

• 2. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
            pacman640 Level 1

i'm really not sure what you are talking about mistake.  We are running a Corporation and on tight deadlines.  When Adobe throws a wrench into our workflows it is a very big deal.  Adobe needs to stop changing things for no apparent reason, and their updates have not been fully tested.  i don't know how you've been offended by my comment or want to lash out, but I can assure you that our we know our stuff.  perhaps it is that we know our stuff, that we have concerns.  Perhaps you do not, or perhaps you don't need to get work done quickly.  Maybe a student, a part timer, or some designer working in a company that bburns through client monies while playing ping pong all day.  i do not know do not care.

This is money, this is business.  And Adobe is costing us money and damaging our business.

• 3. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this will help you can go into Preferences > General and uncheck the "Show Start Workspace" screen and "Show Recent Files Workspace". Then if Essentials workspace has been selected, go to your saved workspaces and it should be as before.

Gene

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
                pacman640 Level 1

Thanks Gener7, That was very helpful.

• 5. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

Great! Any further questions, we'll try and answer them.

Gene

• 6. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

It doesn't take much to rattle your cage does it? I wasn't offended by your comments and if you think that was me lashing out , I dread to think how you'd respond if I did lash out at you. The truth is you've had your hands on the update for less than 48 hours and rushed to judgment. You complained about unfixed bugs not knowing if they were fixed or not and you have failed to grasp that Photoshop has increased its user base enormously since the introduction of the lower subscription rate and the new users want modern interfaces and continuous improvement and change. Photoshop is for creative professional and its sad someone like you wants to just freeze time and stagnate.

As for your more personalized comments. I cant be bothered to dignify that with a response. You clearly have a very high opinion of yourself, so I'm off for a quick game of Ping-Pong and then to the bank to cash a clients massive cheque for two hours work. Oh by the way, I don't actually care much what you think either as its probably not worth listening too.  If you can't take the heat maybe you should keep out of the kitchen!

• 7. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
                      Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What might be helpful the next time is not to let Adobe strong arm you into updating your whole team all at once!

I'd suggest updating one or two folks who enjoy being more on the cutting edge, but DON'T leave the Creative Cloud app with its default to remove old versions! That way your eager beavers can try it out, but can jump back to old versions if they need to get work done quickly in a more familiar and tested environment.

Once they've gotten a handle on the new version and are sure things are working for your particular setup, you can start adding the new versions to the rest of your team, but again, DON'T let the CC app remove the old versions. That way you can keep modern without losing much time.

For the record, I am really enjoying the new versions. I especially love the functionality of the Libraries with a team of folks!

• 8. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

Also, let's try to keep it civil and stay away from personal comments. I'd hate to see potentially useful discussion get derailed and threads locked over instant internet anger.

• 9. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

Sorry Szalam,

you were probably right to have edited the two comments on here and as you removed his insult, I shall not complain about my response being taken down as well.

Its very easy when changes are made to not give the new things a chance and deliver a rant before understanding them. I used to work in software development at the now defunct Fractal Design Corporation and know just how hard it was to keep on top of all the potential glitches in an app like Painter with millions of lines of machine code and an incalculable no of permutations from the hardware platforms the program ran on. That causes me to side with a company like Adobe when they release something new as I know its not easy. As you say gentle introduction of an update is one way to go. At the advertising agency I work for we have the IT infrastructure to image each and every one of our workstations overnight and so if something goes wrong everyone on my team can reinstate their previous days configuration in less than 10 minutes and this results in no downtime from software glitches. The OP who was complaining could easily do the same thing if he actually is part of a corporation and can lose thousands of dollars . I would have thought as an executive he might have thought that up himself.

Thanks though for being a voice of reason.

Terri

• 10. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

MissTake wrote:

I would have thought as an executive he might have thought that up himself.

In my experience, executives would never think of this!

Anyway, we're all on the same side here. We're just trying to be creative as best we can. It's understandable to get a bit upset when something messes up our flow. The best thing we can all do is to try to learn from our mistakes (or, better, learn from the mistakes of others) and move on as quickly as possible. I'm all for change for the better, but I introduce it gradually (and never in the middle of a project) for just the sort of reason this thread started.

• 11. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

I erased what I said earlier about being basically support and not the ones who make these changes. While it's easy to get blindsided on these changes and get upset as a result, MVPs, ACPs, Staff, and Forum members are not the ones who make the changes or even know about them. Those that do are on strict NDAs not to talk about it. We can only do our best to answer the questions, but we do not have a vote on things already decided by the development teams. We're here to help and at no charge to anyone asking.

Complaints about changes, bugs and praise are best discussed here: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Gene

• 12. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

I used to work in software development at the now defunct Fractal Design Corporation and know just how hard it was to keep on top of all the potential glitches in an app like Painter with millions of lines of machine code and an incalculable no of permutations from the hardware platforms the program ran on.

Thanks though for being a voice of reason.

Terri

That's the "disclaimer of warranty" I see in every software license must come from Terri.   Someone's 2 week project becomes a flaming wreck because software and hardware falls over each other at some stage. The user's takeaway is to have "redundancy", backups and spare PCs when in any business where deadlines are to be met.

Gene

• 13. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
                                  pacman640 Level 1

That's a great tip... thanks!!!

• 14. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
                                    pacman640 Level 1

Once again, you are right!!!  Thanks Szalam.  We are retail.  under extremely tight deadlines and as you know, sudden unexpected changes can through off the workflow.

Thanks.

• 15. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

pacman640 wrote:

That's a great tip... thanks!!!

Glad to help.

Now, everyone, shake hands and then lets go out there and get creative! (Or, at the very least, meet deadlines and keep our clients happy! )

• 16. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
                                        Szymon Golis

1dqwd.png

Adobe, thanks for the most important things is now in the first application screen!

• 17. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?
                                          SyntheticTone Level 1

It really seems to me that what is needed a policy within one's company regarding how to handle upgrades. They are not forced upgrades and just suggested. So perhaps a system in which upgrades could be made to a computer in the company not essential to production could done first in which testing could be performed and verified before allowing all essential production machines to upgrade?

For example, I was on a tight deadline recently to get a photo shoot done from a wedding when I seen the PS and LR updates. I decided to not upgrade those until my deadline work was done. After that project, I upgraded when I had time to become familiar with the new update and make sure it was going to work as I needed it.

• 18. Re: What is wrong with you Adobe?

You make a very good point. Upgrades are always really exciting but seldom essential. I would say Photoshop could stop development tomorrow and still remain a great program for years to come. All the really brilliant features appeared in the first 10 years of the program in my opinion and its 25 years old now. I love all the innovation myself, but recognize that 90% of users just want to make beautiful photographs and artwork and you can probably get away with Photoshop CS5.5 for that. Adobe want to make money from their software but they also surely expect early adopters of new technology to be sensible people who are prepared to deal with the inevitable issues thrown up by brand new state of the art software and have a fallback if things go wrong. Just my take, I know its not popular with some people who expect perfection straight out of the box, but the wonderful world of digital imaging just isn't like that.

Terri