3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 4:38 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I fix my Elements Organizer to prevent it from freezing when I import my photos?

Hillaryrose1127

I have Adobe Premier Elements 14 and am using it to import photos into the Organizer from my pictures file on my Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.1.

After searching my pictures file for photos to import I click import and it downloads about 8% and freezes. I have tried it about 7 times. I tried all of the trouble shooting tips like checking for updates, making sure it is in the right language, and resetting preferences. Nothing has worked.

• 1. Re: How do I fix my Elements Organizer to prevent it from freezing when I import my photos?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hillaryrose1127

I am strictly an Elements Windows user but I would make the following suggestions as common ground between the version on Windows and Mac...

1. From where are you importing these photos....new Mac Photos, iPhoto, Lightroom, some place else? How are you importing them?

2. Have you deleted or disabled the Elements Organizer 14 settings file (in Windows, it is named psa.prf)...or is that what you did when you said that reset preferences?

Have you been working from a converted catalog? Have you tried to create a new catalog?

Since you are dealing with photo imports, you might want to post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there.

Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 are standalone products, each coming with Elements Organizer 14. When they are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 14 catalog. That is why I suggest the Photoshop Elements Forum for approaching Elements Organizer 14 Mac from that angle for photos.

Photoshop Elements

Please consider.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I fix my Elements Organizer to prevent it from freezing when I import my photos?
            Hillaryrose1127 Level 1

Thanks for answering.

I am importing from my Pictures file, which includes the new Apple Photos. I have edited most of the photos but when it is searching and adding subfolders it looks like it may be finding the edited and non edited versions of the photos. When I try and import the photos I do so with the bulk import function. I think that resetting the preferences may be the same thing as disabling the elements settings but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what it means to be working from a converted catalog. Does that mean the photos were edited? I will also post my thread to the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum. Thanks for your help!

Also, in case this helps- I noticed that there are one or two specific pictures that I have seen it freeze on. Might it be that they are broken files?

Hillary

• 3. Re: How do I fix my Elements Organizer to prevent it from freezing when I import my photos?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hillaryrose1127

The Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum should have the answers that you need for Elements Organizer 14 Mac.

Please ask there if the following Adobe Elements Organizer document needs any updating.

Elements Organizer Help | Creating and editing catalogs

When you convert a catalog from earlier version in a later one, this enables you to open the earlier version catalog in the later version Elements Organizer.  This converted catalog can be used in the later version Elements Organizer as a replacement for the catalog that was shipped with the later version Elements Organizer.

Also check out the format and color profiles and other edits of the photos that are the most problematic in the Elements Organizer.

ATR