2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 4:00 AM by dj_paige

import problem

atreyeep13150208 Level 1

Hi

I'm using Adobe Lightroom 6.3 on a OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3, Mac book pro (retina 15 inch , mid 2014)

2.8 Ghz, 16 GB ram. I been having problem importing some of the images they are located on an external hard drive

4 TB la cie via thunderbolt, the Lightroom folder/ catalog has 27116 images, there are all in the same folder/under sub folder.

I just finish renaming all the files and then converting them in to DNG, for some reason some of the images in different folder did not get renamed so i went back and try to import them but they don't come up. Lightroom is not recognizing the folder with images that are not in the catalog, if I do a search the files are not there, but they don't come up ones i try to import them?

• 1. Re: import problem
          khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi atreyeep,

Greetings!!!

It seems to be files are already present in the catalog.

Can you create a new catalog and try in that.

Regards

Jitendra

• 2. Re: import problem
            dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom is not recognizing the folder with images that are not in the catalog, if I do a search the files are not there, but they don't come up ones i try to import them?

This means the photos have already been imported into Lightroom, and reside in a different folder than the one YOU think they are in. (Lightroom is not a file browser)

When you do the search in Lightroom, you need to follow ALL four of these steps:

1.   In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs

2.   Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)

3.   Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)

4.   Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar