5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 1:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Graphic animations output wrong

mattb53757096 Level 1

I've been running into a problem with Premiere Elements. Occasionally I will create some fairly simple graphic animations -- for example, a chromakeyed illustration that scales up in size over a period of time with a basic shape (using the Titles & Text shapes) overlaid on to a section of it as a highlight. Within PE the animation will look fine, but when I publish the clip the two graphic elements won't match up - the underlying illustration will be lower than it should, for example. I don't know if this is just a limitation of PE or if I'm rendering the file incorrectly. Other than finding the money for the full version of Premiere or a separate After Effects style program, I'd love to find a simple solution to this frustrating problem. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Graphic animations output wrong
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mattb

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer computer system?

My first impression without more information is that you have a mismatch between import and export settings, but let us see the details that you supply in your reply.

1. What is your project preset? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the field look grayed out).

2. Do your imports fill the space provided in the Edit area monitor?

3. What are your exact export settings - are you using default presets or customizing the Adobe preset under the preset's Advanced Button/Video Tab?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Graphic animations output wrong
            mattb53757096 Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for the help offer. I'm running PE 11 on a Dell laptop (Latitute E5540) -- I'm the communication guy for a mid-sized public high school, so I'm usually trying to squeeze as much quality as I can out of a limited budget. 

Editing Mode: DSLR

Timebase: 29.97

Frame size: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Ratio: square pixels

In the most recent case, the imported graphic has a vertical orientation so it doesn't match the frame dimensions, and I used the chromakey effect to drop out the background (separate annoying issue - when doing this I occasionally still end up with an outline of the graphic when I'm trying to remove the background) and have published with default mpeg settings: MPEG2-DVD, 720x480, 29.97, NTSC.

• 3. Re: Graphic animations output wrong
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mattb

My first look at the details suggests you are using 16:9 project settings for a 4:3 export.

If you are using Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = NTSC DVD Standard, please use Presets = NTSC DVD Widescreen.

Please confirm so that we can rule in or out this factor.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Graphic animations output wrong
                mattb53757096 Level 1

Well, I feel like a real idiot, because that simple solution seems to have worked perfectly. I'll just have to be a little more careful with my publishing settings. Thanks!!!

• 5. Re: Graphic animations output wrong
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mattb

Wonderful news. Glad the suggestion worked for you. Get job of presenting your information and follow up to gain success.

Best wishes for your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR