4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 1:04 AM by Jammyone

NVIDIA driver incompatibility

Jammyone

I am running PE 11 in Win10. The Lenovo laptop T510 has a NVIDIA 3100M graphics card. Everything seemed to run perfectly until today when I received a message that said "We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback please update your driver.Display driver details NVS3100M/PCle/sse2 3.3.0"

I have updated the driver and now PE doesn't playback. I have tried to revert the driver to the previous version to no avail. Anybody know what I should do next? Thanks John Mathias

• 1. Re: NVIDIA driver incompatibility
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jammyone

Please delete the BadDrivers.txt file. The how to and its location for Premiere Elements 11 Windows 10 are found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: NVIDIA driver incompatibility
            Jammyone Level 1

Dear ATR

Thank you very much, for a most helpful solution, unfortunately, after

closing down an updated driver seemed to get installed and on starting

up again today, nothing worked! So I've spent the day restoring WIN10

from a restore USB drive that I had fortunately prepared !

PE had to be re-installed but picked up the project I was working on.

Anyway a learning experience and many thanks, John (Jammyone)

• 3. Re: NVIDIA driver incompatibility
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jammyone

Thanks for the update. Are your reporting that an uninstall reinstall of Premiere Elements 11 as well as Windows 10 resolved your issue and that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements 11 projects? If that is the case, great news, great job.

You did well. But, based on your error message, the problem seem to be in the video card/graphics card. So, you might want to keep watch on the video card/graphics card and automatic updates which might put you back in the same problem mode as before.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: NVIDIA driver incompatibility
                Jammyone Level 1

ATR

You are very diligent and I appreciate your attention very much. The

problem was caused undoubtedly by the latest driver for the NVIDIA 3100M

card. Interestingly after the WIN10 re-install the driver version for

the NVIDIA card has reverted to the previous version and that works with

PE 11. I wonder if newer versions of PE work with the updated NVIDIA

driver (v 341.92), it doesn't matter as I'll stick with what's working!

Regards and thanks, Jammyone