3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 1:53 PM by Chad Chelius

cross reference partial paragraph period as delemeter?

Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

I'm trying to create a partial paragraph cross-reference that stops at the first period of the referenced paragraph.

I know how to make cross references, but am having trouble entering the character for the delimeter. So far I followed the directions in the Help file:

When you insert the Partial Paragraph building block, you must do two things. First, specify the delimiter between the quotation marks. The delimiter is the character that ends the paragraph. Common delimiters include colons (Chapter 7: Granada), periods (Chapter 7. Granada), and dashes (Chapter 7—Granada). To insert special characters such as em dashes (^_), em spaces (^m), and bullet characters (^8), choose an option from the menu that appears when you click the Special Characters icon.

dy_Dynamic_xref_partial.png      

I am able to create a partial x-ref that ends at an em dash. But when I create the building blocks for an x-ref that ends at a period, I get the following:

delimeter error.png

And I am unable to save or use that definition for the x-ref. I've also tried a delimeter of "^." but that doesn't work either. I can't believe the x-ref for a period is broken.