3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 6:36 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Adobe Color vs. Adobe Capture?????

The Boston Artist Level 1

Hello folks, I’m having a nervous breakdown over this Adobe Color ~ Capture issue.  All I used Adobe Color for was getting the color wheel on my phone so I could create, edit and look at swatches by other members.  I moronically deleted Adobe Color from my phone when Adobe stated that “Capture” was its replacement.  Now I can’t find the color wheel anywhere.  Can someone tell me how to get colors up in this app in some OTHER way than pointing your camera at something?  Thanks very much.

• 1. Re: Adobe Color vs. Adobe Capture?????
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

LoganCreative,

The Colors section in Capture is similar to the standalone app. One thing I did notice the other day that makes it a bit different:

When you point your camera at something, you can tap the screen to freeze/move the color circles on the screen, but when you want to actually capture the theme, you have to tap the shutter release button. As soon as you do that, it opens the theme you captured in another screen.

At the bottom of that screen is Save Color Them in a band of blue. Tap that and the theme will be saved (I usually set Make Discoverable to "Off.).

As soon as you save the color theme, you can go in and make changes with the color wheel. Just tap the theme. It will open it in another screen and in the upper right hand corner of that screen, tap Edit. That opens the color wheel. (If you use Capture on an iPad, you'll also get RGB sliders.)

Let me know if that helps. I'm always happy to answer any questions here or through the In-app Feedback.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Adobe Color vs. Adobe Capture?????
            The Boston Artist Level 1

Okay Sue, indeed that was the trick, very good answer.  One more question along the same line... is there no longer a way to access public swatches or download other members swatches who saved for public?  I understand I can do that vie Adobe "Color CC" on my iMac, but is this no longer possible with iPhone or iPad?

Thanks again.

Thomas

• 3. Re: Adobe Color vs. Adobe Capture?????
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Thomas,

You can't access public swatches in the app (I'm not sure that was ever possible in the app, but I've not used it from the very beginning) but, as you mentioned, you can log-in to http://color.adobe.com and pull public swatches into your Library. As soon as they're in your Library they'll sync to your device and, if you use Creative Cloud software, to your Libraries in the apps.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for.

Sue

1 person found this helpful