7 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 12:48 AM by DemShades

InDesign's Relink dialog box default Search scope

Owen Linzmayer Level 1

I was delighted to discover that Adobe's latest release of InDesign CC 2015 11.2.0.99 build fixed a big problem with El Capitan compatibility. Specifically, when relinking files, the missing file's name now once again appears at the top of the Relink dialog box.

Having the file name visible makes it easy to find the file by typing in the Search field in the upper right corner of the Relink dialog box.

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 4.17.24 PM.png

However, even if I have already selected the correct folder (where the missing file resides; in this case, Gambia) in the sidebar, as soon as I start typing in the Search field, results from This Mac appear, rather than the selected folder.

This means I then have to click the source folder name to the right of This Mac to restrict the search scope to the known location of this file, which is how this process used to work before El Capitan.

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 4.17.48 PM.png

Is there any way to have the Relink dialog box's Search scope default to the selected folder instead of the entire Mac?

The Show Import Options checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box has nothing to do with this, alas.

Nor does the Preferences > File Handling > Default Relink Folder setting have any effect.

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 4.18.48 PM.png

So, will anyone at Adobe step forward and say if the screwed-up functionality of this Relink dialog box is their responsibility or Apple's?

I really don't care who created the mess, I just need it cleaned up. I relink thousands of files and adding one extra step every single time is a huge inconvenience.