I am having some real problems using notes in InDesign CC 2015 (126.96.36.199 x64). It is regularly crashing on me on my Windows machine. Funny thing is I have tested it on my Mac with no problems.
Can I please get some other Windows to try the following steps to see if I can narrow down the issue:
1. Create a new document
2. Make sure you have the Notes panel visible
3. On the page create a text frame
4. Type 'Some text' followed by a return
5. Type 'Some more text'
6. Select the word text on the first line and cut it
7. In the Notes panel click the New Note icon
8. Paste text into note
9. Click at the end of the second line
10. Select 'more text' from the second line and cut it
11. In the Notes panel click the New Note icon
12. This is where I crash
Can you tell me if you do or don't crash and what version of InDesign you are using?
Before you make other changes, please try updating InDesign. There have been two major patch releases, and the current version, just released, is 11.2.
I cannot. I work for a government department where we are stuck with the version we have for very large time cycles. I will be waiting for about another 4 months before we see another upgrade.
It only takes two seconds to test. Please...