4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 8:31 AM by Blue Ant

Indesign colour profile not assigning

Blue Ant

My Working spaces across CC are set to Adobe RGB (1998) and U.S Web Coated (SWOP) v2 however when I export a PDF or check through Assign Profiles in Indesign it says my working spaces are SRGB IEc61966-2.1 and Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2:2004). Why does Indesign alone do this and how can I change them to be correct?

thanks

• 1. Re: Indesign colour profile not assigning
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What spaces do you see in InDesign when you go to Edit > Color Settings...?

These are the default spaces, but an individual document might have different spaces assigned. Is this happening with new files you make?

• 2. Re: Indesign colour profile not assigning
            Blue Ant Level 1

Color settings shows the correct settings.

I think I may have resolved it by just changing Colour management policies from Preserve to Convert closing the document re-opening and changing back to Preserve then opening a new document shows the correct profiles. Might have been a little bug.

• 3. Re: Indesign colour profile not assigning
              rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Color settings shows the correct settings.

Color Settings' Working spaces only affect existing documents when there's no profile assignment (usually because CM Policy was set to Off when the doc was created). There's a difference between the terms Working and Document space and it's the Document spaces that matter.

Check Proof Setup to see the assigned Document profile—here it's Uncoated FOGRA29 and not Color Setting's Working US Web Coated SWOP— SWOP is my Working CMYK space but it won't be used to CM the active document.

cset.png

When you open Assign Profiles, docs with no profile assignment will have the Discard (use current working space) radio button selected. If it has a profile assignment that happens to match the Color Setting's Working space, then the Assign current working space:... button will be selected; and if the assigned document profile is different than the current working space, the Assign Profile: button will be selected.

• 4. Re: Indesign colour profile not assigning
                Blue Ant Level 1

I checked this before my initial post and they were both set to FOGRA when I don't have this set anywhere across CC. I had just updated to the latest version of CC so perhaps it was an issue there but it seems fixed with my previous post anyway.

thank you.