2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 7:30 AM by Mohit Goyal

I currently use Aperture and Elements…..

laurap55941871

I currently use Aperture and Elements and I am thinking of moving over to Lightroom. What if any problems am I likely to have switching over? Will my images be safe and useable as they are currently saved in the Aperture library?

• 1. Re: I currently use Aperture and Elements…..
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It depends whether you are using a referenced or managed Aperture Library and what you mean by “as they are currently saved”

Many Aperture users have successfully switched to Lightroom but there are different approaches:

1. Use the Lightroom built in plug-in. That will copy the masters hidden by Apple. They will appear in dated subfolders in Lightroom and your projects/albums will be converted into collections.
          2. You can export versions to the desktop together with IPTC metadata. Or better still assemble the exported copies into permanent folders in Finder; then import them into Lightroom. Those versions will include any editing already done in Aperture.
          • 2. Re: I currently use Aperture and Elements…..
            Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi laurap,

If you are a photographer, then Lightroom the better first purchase.

Lightroom has everything you need to make quick and easy  adjustments (e.g.exposure/white balance/perspective correction/sharpening) to your photos.

Elements overlaps a lot with Lightroom, but it is really more for artists who wants to transform their photos (i.e. deeper edits of the source images).

Please Refer:Photoshop Elements Vs Lightroom: Making the right choice!

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit