4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 7:46 AM by 99jon

Upgrade

paulcgood

Will we be seeing another Lightroom CC upgrade soon? It seems we are falling well behind Photoshop CC.

• 1. Re: Upgrade
          dj_paige Level 9

I'm not sure what you think is "falling behind", but Photoshop is a separate product, and there's never been any guarantee that features added to these two product are supposed to be comparable.

By the way, Adobe never announces in advance when the next release will be coming out, so it is impossible to answer your question.

• 2. Re: Upgrade
            paulcgood Level 1

I was an Alpha tester for both Photoshop and Acrobat prior to their initial respective releases, and as a result I am pretty familiar with Adobe and their products.
            In my opinion Photoshop continues to improve the interface and add useful features, whereas Lightroom updates are usually attempts to fix what was broken from the previous update, only to introduce new issues. Thank you for educating me about Adobe and their product line.

• 3. Re: Upgrade
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

paulcgood wrote:

Thank you for educating me about Adobe and their product line.

You seemed to need the education - your question made little sense.

• 4. Re: Upgrade
                99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Paul

Since launch there have already been three new feature updates:

1. Dehaze tool in Effects
                2. Addition of Whites & Black sliders to selective adjustment tools.
                3. Addition of Dehaze slider to selective adjustment tools

The benefit of a CC subscription is that you will receive these new features as soon as they become available, without having to wait for LR7, LR8 etc.