2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 9:07 AM by Brad Lawryk

Hello! The Stock Tutorial says: You can edit the Watermark-Preview-Picture ...

diegoldkinder

... and then after you buy the pic you do not have to edit the pic again. Is that so? Has anyone Expreience with that?

Thanks in Advance

Alex

• 1. Re: Hello! The Stock Tutorial says: You can edit the Watermark-Preview-Picture ...
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, it really depends on how you edit it. For example I do a lot of theatre posters in which I use Stock images. I always work in Photoshop with the low res image to be sure that is what I want. And yes indeed once I am done my poster I can then license  the image right from within photoshop and i'm done. But the trick is the edits have to be non destructible. For example if I am in Photoshop and use blends, filters, masks or anything that does not physically change the original image it will work fantastic and is one of the best reasons to use stock.

Now if I took another image and used it in a non-Adobe product or cropped it or in some way edited the image directly, then no it doesn't do it automatically.

Great uses that I use and work nice are:

- Adding images to Muse or Dreamweaver Websites

- Adding images to InDesign Documents

- And of course non-destructive edits in Photoshop or Illustrator

- I am sure there is more as Stock integrates with more products. But those are my main uses and they work fantastic for using the low res in the project until client signs off on it. Then it is indeed just a click for each image right in the Adobe App I am using to license the images.

So again, the key is it has to be within a supported Adobe App and it has to be a non-destructive edit if any editing has been done.

• 2. Re: Hello! The Stock Tutorial says: You can edit the Watermark-Preview-Picture ...
            Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Another thing I forgot to mention is that if I use that same image in a client project where I do their web and print material in Dreamweaver, Photoshop and InDesign for example I only have to license it in one of those products and the images will automatically be converted in all projects that use that image regardless of what Adobe App they were used in.