6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 5:39 AM by RealSting Branched from an earlier discussion.

New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back

RealSting

New AE Update has stopped all rendering and no play back in the timeline After FX now totally useless!!! what on earth did Adobe do? Or will I have to cancel my subscription tomorrow?!!

• 1. Re: New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

RealSting wrote:

New AE Update has stopped all rendering and no play back in the timeline After FX now totally useless!!! what on earth did Adobe do? Or will I have to cancel my subscription tomorrow?!!

There is no need for you to cancel your subscription! I understand that it's frustrating, but you still have work to get done. So, to get up and running quickly, roll back to 13.5 or install 13.2. There's no need to try to force yourself to use a version that isn't working just because it's new. Your subscription gives you access to CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015. Use whatever works best for you on your system!

If you have the time to troubleshoot on the forums, provide us with as much info as possible and we can try to help get 13.6 working for you. Or contact Adobe's official support.

As a side note, some folks have found uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed some of the issues they were experiencing with 13.6

• 2. Re: New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back

I know it's tough when something borks your system, but let us help you!

• 3. Re: New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back
              TomDeSmet

I have the same issue. Updated yesterday and now suddenly preview stopped working. Rebooting AE, clearing caches even rebooting PC doesn't work at all. It's just broken.

Previewing stops randomly, when I play the cached part it also stops randomly somewhere and after that it just doesn't play anything cached anymore.

Reverted back to 2014 as a solution.

Colleagues have the now becoming famous crtl+z bug also.

After Effects 13.6 is a joke.

• 4. Re: New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back
                RealSting Level 1

UPDATE:

Ive abandoned my previous projects in AFX .. they simply just don't 'work' (cannot play or render them without waiting hours for what used to be seconds or minutes).. So I've recreated these projects in the latest AFX (good job I'm in down time now!), and AFX is now responding and playing back as it did before I upgraded. So, looks like the new update doesn't like your older projects!!!

WOW! this could have been a catastrophe if I'd been mid project with the tight timescales I've got!

• 5. Re: New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back

I'm glad you're up and running! It's weird that the new version doesn't play well with older files. Does the same issue occur if you import the old project rather than just opening it?

• 6. Re: New AE update has stopped all rendering and no play back
                    RealSting Level 1

I haven't tried that yet.. In fact, for various reasons I ended up recreating 3 of the projects again! They work fine. Cant see how Open/Import would make a difference though!