8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 2:25 PM by dvexrn

Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3

RLaw59 Level 1

How do I update to 6.3, I have 6.1.1. When I go to update it via Help menu it sends me to Creative Cloud Ap. I have a perpetual license and it is not shown on that application, only Lightroom CC (2015) which I DON"T HAVE!!!!

So, how do I update Adobe? Why is this so hard to do???

• 1. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi RLaw,

Please click on the below link to download and install Lightroom 6.3

Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3 now available

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

You actually do have LR 2015. But since you used a Adobe ID that is not tied to any subscription plan that turns LR CC 2015 into LR 6. Just download the update and it will work.

2015 and 6 are the same download and the same program. It is how it is registered that makes the difference.

• 3. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3
              RLaw59 Level 1

First - Mrinmay Majhi, thank you for the link. And Shootisbond007 I appreciate your clarification.

What bothers me...and this has happened twice now, is that by updating via the app, it triggers an "activation" of CC subscriptions - beyond annoying. Worse, all of Adobe's legal language embedded in my LR references LR6 - no mention of LR CC(2015), that disparity drives confusion about how to upgrade and just what exactly is being downloaded. A messy experience which might be straight forward behind the scenes but is as clear as mud on this side of the equation.

As you might guess, I despise the subscription model. One size does not fit all.

• 4. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

It doesn't trigger activation by Creative cloud subscription (Unless you have a CC subscription and you use the Adobe ID Tied to the subscription). It Asks you to Sign In which is a prerequisite with the newer version of Lightroom, you Must Sign In to an Adobe Account.

If you Sign In using an Adobe ID that is NOT Associated with a CC subscription it will then Ask You to input a Serial Number.

What differentiates the CC version from the 6 version is the Adobe ID you use at Sign In. Sign in with an Adobe account that has NO association with a subscription plan and LR becomes the 6 version. Sign in with an Adobe ID that has a valid subscription plan and it becomes the CC version.

• 5. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3

Please click on the below link to serialize Lightroom CC trail to activate as Lightroom 6.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 6. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3
                    dvexrn

Interesting thread. I upgraded my LR 6.1 to 6.3 and since then I keep getting  an email from Adobe basically saying my  trial version of Lightroom is about to expire. Why is this when I have the full version, and have done for many years?. When I start Lightroom, and select Updates, it starts Adobe Creative Cloud. I have no wish for this app, but if I try to uninstall it , it says I cannot do this as "you still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that requite it". How do I get rid of this software?. According to my Adobe account, I have all my Adobe apps correctly listed. If I try to log into Adobe CC, it immediately comes back and says "You have been signed out".

I tried the Adobe Chat to gets answers, but that was a waste of time. So anyone here have the answers?.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3

Hi dvexrn,

Please click the link and create a new thread.

Adobe Creative Cloud

~Mrinmay

• 8. Re: Update Lightroom 6 to 6.3
                        dvexrn Level 1

Thanks. I opened a new thread.