2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2015 4:34 AM by D Fosse

Camera Raw images too bright

CaroSueRich

When I open and work with images in camera raw, they are too bright.  This just started happening about a week ago (I was also gone for a week, so it may have been a 2 week problem)  If I adjust them to correct exposure in Camera Raw, they are way too dark in PhotoShop (All most recent CS6 versions) on Windows 7 OS.

• 1. Re: Camera Raw images too bright
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi CaroSueRich

Have you updated Camera raw to version 9.1.1?

Also post a screenshot of :-

• Camera raw Preferences (Accessible from Edit>>Preferences>>Camera raw /Photoshop>>Preferences>>Camera raw(MAC)
          • Camera raw window with basic Panel

Regards

~Akash

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Camera Raw images too bright
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this does not carry over into Photoshop, the problem is in the display color management chain on one of the two apps. Perhaps a look at the histogram could tell you which one is correct.

Are you using a calibrator for your display? If so, rerun it, and try different settings (notably v2 not v4, and matrix not LUT).

If not, it could be that you have received a defective display profile through Windows Update. That happens a lot. The simple way to check this is to set up sRGB as default display profile in Windows color management.

Another possibility is a GPU problem. Try to disable it in preferences, in both apps (is it available in ACR for CS6?)