1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 4:07 AM by Rick Gerard

Rotation not working for image imported from AI

channanf94280129

I have a cute dog AI image that I have loaded into AE.  It has 15 layers and everything in Transform (Anchor Point, Position, Scale, Opacity)  works fine for each layer EXCEPT rotation, which doesn't work for ANY layer. Any idea why the rotation doesn't work?

• 1. Re: Rotation not working for image imported from AI
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do you mean rotation doesn't work. I'm guessing that the anchor point is not where you expect it to be so things don't rotate as you expect them to. If that's not the problem then we need to understand the structure of the Illustrator file and the comp that was created. The easiest way to understand those things is to include a screenshot of your Illustrator file with the layer panel revealed and a screenshot of your Composition with the modified properties of the layers you are having problems revealed. You can reveal all modified properties by just pressing the U key twice with a layer selected. Then just drag your full size screenshots into the Reply field on this forum and we can provide you with some better support.