4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 12:51 PM by Tanuj Sandal

LR CC is running slow

Tnmike Level 1

I am using an IMac, mid 2011, OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.1, 3.4 GHz intel core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, with AMD Radeon HD 6970M 204B MB

graphics board, open GL, language version 4.10.  I have read most of the posts with the same problem and have uncheck the box "use graphics processor" under LR>Preferences>Performance.  I have been using LR to process raw files and the program really slows down when I use the adjustment brush or any of the manual adjustments in this pane.  I make a stroke with the brush and wait several seconds for the results to appear.  This happens when using the mouse or Wacom tablet and is really becoming too problematic to use the software.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: LR CC is running slow
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi Tnmike,

Could you please try the steps from the following links and let me know if it helps : Optimize performance

Performance hints

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: LR CC is running slow
            dj_paige Level 9

I have been using LR to process raw files and the program really slows down when I use the adjustment brush or any of the manual adjustments in this pane.

A well known problem. Lightroom slows down as you apply lots of adjustments or spot healing to a photo. One solution is to do the brushing in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Another possibility is to turn off any lens corrections before you do the brushing, then do your brushing as the next-to-last step of your editing, and then as the last step turn the lens corrections back on. Another solution is to get a much faster CPU.

In my opinion (I am not an Adobe employee), the non-destructive methodology used fpr brushing and spot healing in Lightroom has reached the limits and gone beyond the limits of what the hardware can support.

• 3. Re: LR CC is running slow
              Tnmike Level 1

Thanks to both dj_paige and Tanuj Sandal.  Both of you have given me good advice concerning the LR problem.  After a few tests I can see how the order that adjustments are done certainly makes a huge differance in speed.  Looks like I still have a lot to learn about this program.

Thanks again to both of you for these prompt answers.

• 4. Re: LR CC is running slow
                Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

You are Welcome, Glad to help.