9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2015 4:52 PM by MADABHUSHI

I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms

MADABHUSHI

I purchased LR 5 purchased vide order no.26023694124 on 6th July 2014 while I was using 7D and 70D. I have upgraded to 7D MK II. LR 5.7.1 was not importing CR2 files of 7D Mk II.   

I upgraded to LR 6 Multiple Platforms vide order no.11104295459 on 3rd Dec 2015 to resolve the import of 7D Mk II CR 2 files.   

1. I have downloaded Mac version.But the issue of not importing CR2 files continues.

2. I am unable to download the PC version as the download does not complete. The message reads " Sorry. Too_many_DL_attempts"

How do I resolve (1) import of CR2 files and (2) DL of PC version ?

• 1. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
          dj_paige Level 9
          I have downloaded Mac version.But the issue of not importing CR2 files continues.

You haven't told us what the issue is. Could you please explain what happens, and what the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message is?

• 2. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
            Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi MADABHUSHI,

Could you please copy the images from the Camera onto a folder on the Desktop and then try to import the images to Lightroom.

Also please let me know if you get any error when importing the images from the Camera ?

Regards,

Tanuj

• 3. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
              MADABHUSHI Level 1

Hi

Thanks a lot.

My workflow on PC:    7D Mark II      CR2        LR 5.7.1

• I download the images from Camera via Canon Utility/DPP on to a folder in an External Hard Disk.
              • I open LR 5.7  and import the CR2 files.
              • I have no issues on importing and developing.

My workflow on Mac7D MK II    CR2      LR 5.7.1 and LR 6

• I open LR 5.7.1 to import CR2 files from the same folder on the same external hard disk.
              • I see thumbnails of all the CR2 files
              • The files do not get imported
              • Message reads "No photos or videos found to import"
              • Hoping LR 6 might resolve the issue I upgraded to LR 6on Mac.
              • I repeat the import process in LR 6

Since I purchased multiple versions of LR 6 I am trying to download the PC version. The download hangs and stops. Repeated downloads gave me a message  " Sorry. Too_many_DL_attempts"

• 4. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
                MADABHUSHI Level 1

Hi

Thanks a lot.

My workflow on PC:    7D Mark II      CR2        LR 5.7.1

• I download the images from Camera via Canon Utility/DPP on to a folder in an External Hard Disk.
                • I open LR 5.7  and import the CR2 files.
                • I have no issues on importing and developing.

My workflow on Mac7D MK II    CR2      LR 5.7.1 and LR 6

• I open LR 5.7.1 to import CR2 files from the same folder on the same external hard disk.
                • I see thumbnails of all the CR2 files
                • The files do not get imported
                • Hoping LR 6 might resolve the issue I upgraded to LR 6on Mac.
                • I repeat the import process in LR 6

Since I purchased multiple versions of LR 6 I am trying to download the PC version. The download hangs and stops. Repeated downloads gave me a message  " Sorry. Too_many_DL_attempts"

• 5. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
                  ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Since your images are on the external hard drive, is that where your catalog is, too?

By default LR will not import an image multiple times.

If your catalog is on the external hard drive, then the images were imported into the catalog using the PC. When you attempt to repeat the import using the mac, LR knows that the images were already imported and skips them.

• 6. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
                    MADABHUSHI Level 1

sounds logical. 

Tried another external harddisk as I store my wildlife images on two EHD.

Mac doesnt import from the EHD dedicated to Mac. image.jpeg

• 7. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
                      MADABHUSHI Level 1

I need help to understand how to use my EHD dedicated to PC and Mac exclusive of each other.

Would an extension of PC or Mac to folder name help !!!?

• 8. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
                        ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Where is your catalog that you are trying to import into on the PC and where is the catalog that you are trying to import to on the Mac?

For the photos you are wanting to work on the PC, is the EHD you are importing from readable and writable on the PC?

For the photos you are wanting to work on the Mac, is the EHD you are importing from readable and writable on the Mac?

If you are trying to work on some photos on the PC and other photos on the Mac and never the same photo on each, then the photos for each platform need to be on a hard-drive that is readable and writable for that platform.

The PC uses NTFS as it's default format but NTFS is only readable and not writable on a Mac.

The Mac uses ExtHD (I think) and that format may not work on a PC, although I'm not sure.

It's unclear what photos are on what EHD and which ones you want to work on where, but if all the photos are on the same HD and you want to work on different sets on each, then you can create two catalogs, one for the photos for the PC and one for the photos for the Mac.  If those catalogs are on the local hard-drives of each computer fine, but if they are on the EHD then you'd need to name them differently, maybe putting PC or Mac as part of the name so you don't get confused.  Or if the separation of photos is along subject lines so the personal ones are on a PC and the studio ones are on the Mac just name the catalogs differently with the type of photos (Personal vs Professional) as part of the catalog name.

LR catalogs don't store the photos they merely store the location of where the photos were when you imported them.

• 9. Re: I purchased LR 6 multiple platforms
                          MADABHUSHI Level 1

The I work on PC for smal files for sharing. I work on Mac for those I would like to get printed.

• I guess I need to check the security features on each of the EHD.
                          • I should try extn of PC/MAC to folders.

Thanks a lot.

image.jpeg