6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 6:20 AM by BobLevine

Wonky Panel Behavior

peterpica Level 1

Running CS6 on iMac w/32g ram, El Capitan 10.11.1

InDesign's panel display seems to have a lengthy lag between when I click on one and it opens up.

I notice also that InD takes exorbitantly long to boot and seems to 'hang' when activating the panels in the startup screen.

I dumped prefs with no effect. Don't have panel display lag issues with PS nor with Ily.

• 1. Re: Wonky Panel Behavior
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

CS6 has lots of compatibility issues on El Capitan, and unless someone else has found a solution to this particular problem you get to be the pioneer -- Adobe's position is this combination of app/OS is not supported.

• 2. Re: Wonky Panel Behavior
            BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

As the other Peter has already noted, your best bet here is roll back to be Yosemite. Spend a few minutes reading through the rest of the El Capitan posts and you'll find more problems than I can remember. Combined with the EOL status of CS6 and IMO you're wasting your time trying to get it working.

• 3. Re: Wonky Panel Behavior
              peterpica Level 1

Thanks Peter… I always liked Arrow shirts until the last few years when age started to shorten my patience with just about everything… especially Adobe v Apple issues.

‘-)

• 4. Re: Wonky Panel Behavior
                peterpica Level 1

Thanks Bob… I was about to do that, but then remember the angst with reinstalling all other apps… when I ‘downgraded’ to EC.

WHATA PIA!

May just bite the bullet, at least for a few weeks. I’d been hollering at other developers for incompatibility issues with EC, but now all out there seem to be pointing the schtick at Apple. Too bad… I think Apple’s too busy developing other products and making a bundle whilst doing so while ignoring the publishing community. Sure wish Steve was still around.

• 5. Re: Wonky Panel Behavior
                  peterpica Level 1

Lo again Bob. Thought I'd letcha know... was mucking around more with InD & El Capitan... upgrading back to Yosemite too annoying what with app & plufin reinstalls... I found that by detaching the panels from each other, the performance issues disappeared! FYI only.

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.42.28 AM.png

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Wonky Panel Behavior
                    BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Good info. Perhaps it will help someone else.