All of a sudden my disk usage goes sky high when I have an InDesign document within a book open. I am using Windows 10. I have been using InDesign since CS3 and have never seen a problem like this. I am using an Asus gaming platform and it has been working fine until the last few days. This started just after the last software update with the new splash page, but I don't know if they are related. The book I'm working has about 18 documents in it for the last six months and I've not had trouble before this.
I have tried several steps:
Is anyone else having a new problem like this. The disk usage is so high that the cursor goes on and off, screens aren't drawing for a long time, etc.
After unsuccessfully trying different things and restarting several thing, I had to work on something else for a while. A few hours later I went to do a shut down and Creative Cloud stopped the shut down with this error message:
The Exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location
Click OK to terminate the program.
I clicked okay and the computer was able to shut down normally. I don't know if the InDesign problems are related to the Creative Cloud exception or not, but I plan next to re-install Creative Cloud.