• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sending Umlauts via AJAX

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2006 Nov 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Coldfusion MX 7.0.2, I encountered problems submitting Umlauts properly via AJAX to a CFM.

The CFM page receives the Umlauts as not renderable and the #ASC( )# code returns 65533.
So i checked #getEncoding("form")# and it returned UTF-8.
I set the encoding to iso-8859-1 and - tadaaa - it returned the UTF-8 character for ü for example, which is: ü

After spending some hours of testing how to resolve this, I am now just setting the form-data to iso-8859-1 and afterwards resetting it to utf-8.

Still I am a bit confused of what exactly I am doing. Setting it from UTF-8 to UTF-8 in the end...?
I tested the requests on the same server environment but with php, and always had proper results.
Maybe someone has an answer to this.

Workaround solution:
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006
guess it is a java based symptom - sb told me, of having similar problems with tomcat.
use workaround above

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2006 Nov 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
guess it is a java based symptom - sb told me, of having similar problems with tomcat.
use workaround above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation