3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 8:01 AM by Per Berntsen

Colors wrong on Lightroom after update to Windows 10

holgers30692505

Hallo,

I have just updated my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Unfortunately all my images now look wrong in Lighroom 4.4, see the following picture:

lightroom_color_problem.JPG

My graphics card is a Radeon HD 4600, there is no newer driver available.

I have changed no further options.

• 1. Re: Colors wrong on Lightroom after update to Windows 10
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

When you upgrade to Windows 10, your monitor profile will be replaced with an OEM (manufacturer's) profile. These profiles are notorioulsly bad, and can, among other things, cause Library and Develop to display different colors, or like you are seeing, a yellow cast.

The solution is to calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will create a new, sound profile.

As a temporary fix, you can set the monitor profile to sRGB, which ought to fix the problem.

In the Control Panel, choose Color management, and add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile. See screenshot (from Windows 7) below.

sRGB profile.png

• 2. Re: Colors wrong on Lightroom after update to Windows 10
            holgers30692505 Level 1

Thanks for the help. I changed the color profile (and also other things). Important was, that the change helped for me only after a reboot.

Can you explain, why the problem is only visible in Lightroom, and not simpler image viewers?

• 3. Re: Colors wrong on Lightroom after update to Windows 10
              Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom is particularly picky about the monitor profile, and even profiles that work well with Photoshop can create problems in LR.

I don't know the reason for this - I'm not familiar with the technicalities of monitor profiles.

What I do know is that the "canned" manufacterers' profiles are very often low quality, and that sRGB is often a better option.

The best option is of course to calibrate with a hardware calibrator, which will create a profile based on the characteristics of your particular monitor.