14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2015 5:50 PM by A.T. Romano

my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,

teel52987807

my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,

• 1. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
          A.T. Romano Level 7

teel

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 13? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Are you referring to render as in Timeline render to get the best possible preview of what you are looking/hearing in the Edit area monitor or as in render/export. Either case we need more detail to help you.

1. Timeline render.

a. Are you previewing Timeline content that has an orange line over it? Have you pressed the Enter key, Render button, or used Timeline Menu/Render Work Area to do Timeline rendering?

b. What are the properties of your source file? Brand, model, settings of the camera that recorded that information can often given us the troubleshooting information that we need.

c. What have you (manually) or the project automatically set to match the properties of the source file?

2. Render/Export.

a. Give details of your export settings and the name of the player being used.

3. Other.

a. If you are just at the Timeline rendering stage and you are previewing a Timeline rendered content, then do a mini test run export to see what that looks like. This is to try to determine if we are dealing with a previewing problem or an overall program problem.

Please consider, and give details. Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
            teel52987807 Level 1

thank you for the quick response , Windows 7 6gb of ram 64 bit operating system.

and yes im talking about preview render not export render although exporting is slow basically not exporting as well

as soon as you asked if i updated i went to prgram and updated .

the video is from a iphone .. when i first started editing it was fine i had already edited 1min of video with effects and all and it rendered fine theres just one little orange/yellow line above the last clip ive edited so far it wont render ( preview render) and my program has slowed down all together

• 3. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
              A.T. Romano Level 7

teel

Thanks for the follow up.

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 64 bit....

What is your iphone recording - 1080p or something else? We could go into project presets.....But...

The first flare that goes up is the mention of iphone as source of your Timeline content. Cell phones, iPod, iPhone, and other devices typically record with a variable rather than constant frame rate. Premiere Elements (many versions) has problem with that. The problems can range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video at all. The typical remedy is to take this video into the free HandBrake program   https://handbrake.fr/    to get the H.264.mp4 version with a constant rather than variable frame rate. Then you import that H.264.mp4 into the Premiere Elements project with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders. You can do the fix without the proof of variable vs constant frame rate. Or, before HandBrake, you can take your video into the free MediaInfo video and properties readout program   MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net    to determine if your video has 3 frame rates listed under its video properties. The 3 frame rates = variable frame rate (minimum frame rate, frame rate, and maximum frame rate).

At somewhere in the troubleshooting, we do need to confirm that the project settings are correct and consistent with the properties of your source file...frame rate, frame size, etc. We will go into the details for that line of troubleshooting next. In preparation for that, please tell us what is listed for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                teel52987807 Level 1

but i edited 30 + clips from the i phone video and they rendered fine i even exported them and  uploaded a teaserof the video to faebook

• 5. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                  teel52987807 Level 1

snpsht.jpgi started to put the grey markers on each clip to render preview faster and it worked for a while but that last orange line will not render for preview and when i run the blue curser on it , it is just black

• 8. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

teel

Everything except the end of the Timeline content has a green line over it. That is the program telling you that, for that content, you have the best possible preview. Consequently, no Timeline rendering is needed nor available.

That end part is not rendering because of the placement of the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar. The Timeline render occurs for segment spanned by those two gray tabs. And, look where they are?

Please move the gray tabs to span that segment for Timeline render.

Please consider, and then let us know if that works for you. I am having a problem with the screenshot versus the following which you wrote..

i started to put the grey markers on each clip to render preview faster and it worked for a while but that last orange line will not render for preview and when i run the blue curser on it , it is just black

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                      teel52987807 Level 1

that was screenshot from  awhile ago i have placed the tabs over the orange part a number of times and  the rendering stays at 0%

• 10. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                        teel52987807 Level 1

and thank you for the support i apperciate it

• 11. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                          teel52987807 Level 1

i started to put the grey markers on each clip to render preview faster and it worked for a while but that last orange line will not render for preview and when i run the blue curser on it , it is just black

what i meant by this is that the whooe project wasnt rendering ( for smooth playback) so i move the grey tabs to each clip and they started to render ( for smoothe playback) when i got to the last clip with the orange line showed in the screenshot , it wouldnt render it stayed at 0%

• 12. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

teel

Thanks for the additional information. Appreciated

Are you saying that, when you could Timeline render, the playback was smooth? And, it is just this one clip (at the end of the Timeline) that will not playback smoothly and and is characterized by cannot Timeline render?

If that is the case, I offer the following if you have not done them already...

1. If you go to the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder, how much content do you have in that folder now?

By default, that folder should be Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

2. Two relevant factors which I am not sure how relevant in view of how far you have gotten so far...

a. the variable frame rate issue typical of cell phone video

b. I suspect that your phone is recording 1080p and you have a 1080i project preset....I would have gone for a DSLR project preset.

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

You can set the project preset manually if it comes to that. More details on that later.

Have you deleted the file with the orange line over it and replaced it with a new import of the same?

If you have and still got the orange line even after render attempt, then delete the photo and replace it with another different unused clip in  this project. When this test video is imported and placed where the other was at the end of the Timeline, can it be rendered - does it still display as black video? Depending on the results, right click one of the files at the beginning of the Timeline content (green line one), select Time Stretch. In the Time Stretch dialog, set the Speed % to 99. When you go back to the Timeline, that file will have an orange line over it. Try to Timeline render it. Does it render?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                              teel52987807 Level 1

ok so i deleted the clip and just adde w hole different one and everything seems to be working ... and i do have dslr clips in the project as well but those clips are for the end of the video.but yeah everything seems to be wroking ,

could that little clip really of slowed my whole program down cuz it seems thats what it was?

• 14. Re: my adobe premiere elements 13 wont let me render for smooth playback why ? ,
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

teel

Wonderful news...everything seems to be working. Great job of staying with the troubleshooting to gain your success.

Special thanks for the follow ups and letting us know the outcome.

Best wishes moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR