3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 2:58 PM by A.T. Romano

how to convert mov files to mp3

marka38301818

how do you convert an mov video file to watch on regular dvd player?

• 1. Re: how to convert mov files to mp3
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marka

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

There is a problem with the title of your thread and question in the body of the thread. I mention that so that we can come together on the details.

1. .mov files are video files that use the .mov file extension to wrap/contain different video compression; whereas .mp3 is associated with audio files. And, all that comes across as remote from

how do you convert an mov video file to watch on regular dvd player?

2. Pending more details from you here is the idea....

a. the typical DVD player supports the DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc.

b. To produce a DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc, you import your video into a project with the right project settings, you edit it and apply Timeline markers if you are planning to include movie menus in the next step, apply your menus, and then head on to the sharing area. If you are in Premiere Elements 11 to 13/13.1, you use Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset of either NTSC Dolby DVD or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. If you are using 14, then the sharing is Export & Share/Disc/DVD.

3. You will need to have QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements and be running the program as administrator.

Please consider and supply more details. Please do not hesitate to ask if questions or need clarification on anything written above. We can go at whatever pace you prefer.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to convert mov files to mp3
            marka38301818 Level 1

I have premiere elements 14 that the camera store told me to get to convert mov format movies to play on my Panasonic DMPBD75 bluray player. The dvd I burned plays great on my computer. Thanks for you time.

Mark

• 3. Re: how to convert mov files to mp3
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

Thank you for the follow up and details.

From what I have read of your specific Blu-ray player, it should playback both DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc as well as Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

You now add that your Premiere Elements is version 14. Have you now successfully burned your Premiere Elements 14 Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc and played it back successfully on your Blu-ray player?

Please clarify your current situation. Is the How to matter resolved, or do you still need more information?

Thank you.

ATR