• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Customization Wizard DC Error (Mac)

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Hopefully someone may be able to assist me with this error I'm getting......

I am attempting to customize an Acrobat DC .pkg for MAC that was built using the Creative Cloud Packager tool (enterprise).

I have successfully built several Windows packages including one for Acrobat DC and I was also able to customize it using the Wizard tool.

I am using the following documentation:

Mac Wizard Overview — Customization Wizard DC for Mac

The .pkg that was built for Mac is able to successfully install on a system if it run directly, therefore it is unlikely that there are any issues with the package itself. It is version 2015.009.20069.

I have also tried rebuilding it just to be sure.

I downloaded the DC Customization Wizard from the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5893

Whenever I attempt to open the installer file I receive the following error:

"An error occurred while creating the output package. See the logs for details."

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 4.46.59 PM.png

When I look at the console it shows the following:

12/5/15 5:50:08.293 PM Acrobat Customization Wizard DC[4033]: ERROR: Couldn't expand the input installer to get the track name. status code retured is [1]

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 5.42.22 PM.png

I have attempted to install the Wizard in various locations including /Applications/ and other folders that have read/write permissions. I have attempted with multiple combinations on the initial Wizard screen.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Is there something that I'm missing or should be doing differently?

Edit:

If it makes any difference, I checked the license type for my install and it is showing as and activated LeID of:

V7{}CreativeCloudEnt-1.0-Mac-GM-MUL

Using this documentation:

Identifying Existing Installs — Enterprise Administration Guide‌

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

See this new video: https://youtu.be/hsRVj1JntXs

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my particular version of DC not customizable?

Thanks for any assistance....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you've done anything incorrect with the Wizard install. The error code indicates the package cannot be read (See Troubleshooting — Customization Wizard DC for Mac).

Follow these instructions: Creative Cloud Packager Installs — Enterprise Administration Guide.

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've seen that error code list, however I'm unsure on how to resolve that particular code. Why is it that the very same .pkg can install when manually double-clicked, however when I attempt to open it from the Wizard, the error is "cannot be read"?

I have tried using "sudo chmod -R 777 <installer.pkg>" just to give full read-write but the error remains the same. I cannot progress further in any Enterprise Admin Guide because I cannot import a DC installer into the wizard.

Any further help is appreciated

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're following the Wiz instruction (loading a pkg, not running from a dmg image, etc) and the CCP instructions in the Admin Guide, then I don't have the knowledge to help (not a mac user). I'll try to find someone who might know.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this new video: https://youtu.be/hsRVj1JntXs

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing...that's all it was. I was under the impression that the .pkg installer created from the Creative Cloud Packager was the file I needed to import into the Wizard.

I just saw the video and it turns out that it is a .pkg *inside* that CCP package export that I must reference.

/<Creative Cloud Package of DC.pkg>/Contents/Resources/Setup/APRO15.0en_US/Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg

I can't believe it was that simple. I should have known considering the Windows customization process is similar in that you must navigate to the exceptions folder and locate a similarly nested .MSI file.

Thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked. Real hero is the guy who authored the video and sent it to me (Steve C.).

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, @brogers_1 - Thanks for the link to the video. Perfect!
Second, WTF!?! Really?

From the on-line documentation for the Customization Wizard...

1. Click the folder icon to the right of the Locate Installer field.

2. Navigate to the installer and click it.

Good grief... >.<

And in case the video disappears in the future you have to select the installer created by Creative Cloud, open the package contents (right-click), and go to Contents > Resources > Setup > APRO15.0 > Acrobat DC and select the Acrobat DC Installer.pkg. Then replace it with the new one the Customization Wizard creates. A little more involved than "Navigate to the installer and click it."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the package for the entire creative cloud suite?  I receive the same error message, but I'm trying to create a deployment package for the entire suite, not just the one individualized program.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines