6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 3:53 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?

nmnavarro

I have premiere elements 13 and I am wondering if I have the option of being able to add more menu title templates selections.  Are there more available for purchase? Or am I limited to the ones provided?  I would like my movie title to match the menu title template, the template I like does not have a matching menu title template.

• 1. Re: How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nmnavarro

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

To your immediate question....

Adobe does not have Titles & Text available for purchase to supplement what is offered as part of the program. There are many that come with the program, many of them can be customized by you. And, you can create templates of your own in Photoshop Elements or Photoshop.

All that being said, what is the movie menu theme for which you want a matching title template? I ask since you wrote

the template I like does not have a matching menu title template.

I will check that out and determine if there is an alternative for the what is.

I wrote the following about 13's Titles & Text when I wrote my first look blog

Titles & Text. No change.

Like version 12, the Premiere Elements 13 Titles & Text choices are the same. The major categories and number of themes per category are General (11), Entertainment (8), HD Templates (40), Slideshow (1), Happy Birthday (2), Holidays and Events (9), Kid's Corner (5), Memories (5), Movie Genre (8), New Baby (8), Pets (2), Seasons (5), Sports (6), Travel (7), and Wedding (3).

See Titles & Text Tab at bottom of workspace or Action Bar Menu/Titles & Text at the top of the workspace for access to Titles & Text choices. Same 12 and 13 locations. The choices for Titles & Text them appear to be the same whether in the Expert or Quick workspaces.

General/Defaults, HD Templates/Pan and Zoom, and Slideshow/Pan and Zoom which come complete with the install (no extra Content download required) are found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in the path

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Presets\Templates\Common\ and the Common Folder contains folder for General, HD Templates, and Slideshow. The latter 3 folders contain respectively a Default, Pan and Zoom, and Pan and Zoom folder which houses the related theme's text files. Any graphics for these text files are found in Preset\Logos.

All the rest of the Titles & Text themes are found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in the path

Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0\Online\Titles Templates\All_Lang\ and then the folders General, Entertainment, HD Templates, Slideshow, Happy Birthday, Holidays and Events, Kid's Corner, Memories, Movie Genre, New Baby, Pets, Seasons, Sports, Travel, and Wedding. Each of the latter folders contain theme folders which appear to contain, after Content download, both text and graphics files along with its other assets.

I include that excerpt here in case you would consider creating your own Title & Text template(s).

Please consider, supply more information, and then we can decide strategy for your workflow details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?
            nmnavarro Level 1

ATR,

I'm using Windows 7, and would like to use the wedding template (the one with the rings) as a menu template but it is only available as a title template.  I am interested in the option of being able to create my own template.  Can you please provide more details on how to do that? 

Thanks,

Norma

• 3. Re: How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Norma

Thanks for the follow up.

Do you have Photoshop CS or higher?

I have an idea that needs a .psd editor that will open the layer groups in these movie menu .psd files that are the building blocks of the Premiere Elements movie menus. My basic plan is to go into the .psd files for an existing movie menu, change the background layer, and make sure I can have editable text in the movie menu customization area of the opened project. The background layer for the customized movie menu is going to come from Premiere Elements Titles & Text Wedding files on the hard drive.

I will get that to you within the next 12 hours or sooner. It is pushing 12:30 am where I am.

ATR

• 4. Re: How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Norma

I did a quick look at what I had in mind...what do you think about this for your Wedding movie main menu?

Rings.JPG

It is sort of a combination of the wedding titles & text wedding title png and the movie menu Outdoors Wedding. I will work on this some more in the morning morning.

ATR

• 5. Re: How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?
                  david2251

I found the same problem when I updated the programme to PE9.

But, after some hit and misses, went into the inner files of PE3 and simply copied them over to the new (at the time) PE9.

Pretty simple - just take your time.

Regards,

David

• 6. Re: How can I add more menu titles templates, is that an option?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

david2251

This is not the same as trying to take a movie menu from an earlier version and trying to copy/transplant it into a new version.

In this case, Norma likes the Title & Text template Wedding, and there is no counterpart movie menu in this case. In many instances there are, but not this time. This is an edit of the menu's psd files job with Photoshop CS or higher. Not "simply copy" 3 to new Premiere Elements 9.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using now? Lot of changes in locations et al with regard to these Premiere Elements menus.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

ATR