0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2015 9:07 PM by carolgunn

Why does my InDesign file not Fit In Window at 100% Zoom Level?

carolgunn Level 1

I am creating an InDesign file that will ultimately be exported to PDF for a presentation. Because I will be using a projector, I want the file to be the same size as my laptop monitor, which is 1440 x 900 pixels. I created a Photoshop file at 1440 x 900 at 72 ppi and it looks great--fits the monitor nicely at actual size.

Next I created an InDesign file, Intent: Web, with a page size of 1440 x 900 px. I imported the Photoshop file into it. I did not scale the PS file--it is still the same size it was in Photoshop, but now, in InDesign, if I set the View on Fit Page in Window, I see that the Zoom Level is 47%. If I set the View on actual size, the same file that previously fit the window so nicely at 100% in PS is now so big in ID that I can only see part of it. Actually, before I even import the PS file, the ID file itself has to be at 47% to fit in the window.

When I export the ID file to an interactive PDF at 72 ppm, it looks the same way it did in ID--too big. I have to view it at about 52% to make it fit the window.

I feel like if I could get the ID file to fit the window at 100%, it would export to PDF alright.

I am running InDesign CC 2015 on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) and I just updated to OS 10.11.1 earlier today.

Can anyone tell me what is happening here?

Thanks!

--Carol Gunn