1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2006 1:17 PM by Newsgroup_User

Remote device

DigitalDesignMedia
      Hi,
      I've created a slide show presentation in director and my client tells me that his remote button doesn't work. Hes running on OS 10.4. The device is an I-point, Model IPL-TRN, Manufactured 2003, does anyone know if an extra is required for director to recognize the device? I thought it would work like a mouse, apparently it works in PowerPoint.

Thanks for any help you can offer
      Jason
        • 1. Re: Remote device
          Level 7
          It may be simulating the enter or return key. If the button works like a
          left click on a mouse it should work like a left click in the projector.
          Most of those devices are configurable so you can have the buttons simulate
          whatever you want, enter, mousedown, etc... So you may have find out what
          his button is triggering. And if you are programming on a PC and he's
          running on a mac, have it advance with both the return and enter key so it
          will work on both.

Timm

"Jase the Ace" <jason@ddm.co.nz> wrote in message
          news:ejv6nh$lju$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          > I've created a slide show presentation in director and my client tells me
          > that
          > his remote button doesn't work. Hes running on OS 10.4. The device is an
          > I-point, Model IPL-TRN, Manufactured 2003, does anyone know if an extra is
          > required for director to recognize the device? I thought it would work
          > like a
          > mouse, apparently it works in PowerPoint.
          >
          > Thanks for any help you can offer
          > Jason
          >
          >