4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 11:48 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements 14 Audio

philiphurst

Hi,

I am half way through editing a project. Up until now, all audio was functioning correctly. Now, none of the audio on the timeline can be heard. The audio monitors show that audio is being played but nothing can be heard.

I have checked that the pc sound is functioning correctly. Tracks in windows media player can be heard as normal. I am unaware of having made any changes under Edit/Preferences/Audio but nonetheless have tried changing the current settings, all to no avail.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Elements 14 Audio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

philiphurst

Premiere Elements 14 on what computer operating system.

New to 14 is the Expert workspace Timeline layout.

1. Each of the audio tracks can be muted by clicking on the icon to the left of the audio track name.

2. If you are in the Show Audio View, make sure that the Master Meter does not have its slider all the way to the bottom.

nosound14.jpg

Did you check Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO and both the input and output?

Let us start here, and then decide what next. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Do you have audio in numbered audio tracks, Voice track, and Music track in this no sound project?

• 2. Re: Elements 14 Audio
            philiphurst Level 1

Thanks for replying.

In Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware/Asio Settings both input and output tabs have devices enabled.

In my project I only have the Video 1 and Audio 1. If I import a music track from the My Music folder and insert in Audio 2, that does not produce any sound. If I click on the Elements music button at the bottom right on the screen and click to listen to one of the audio backing tracks there is also no sound.

I totally stuck on this. Everything was working fine until now. Further advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

• 3. Re: Elements 14 Audio
              philiphurst Level 1

Problem solved!

Have accessed the sound options via control panel and somehow the Prem Elements sound had become muted.

I am very grateful for the help given and sorry that your time has been wasted.

Philip Hurst

• 4. Re: Elements 14 Audio
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Philip Hurst

Time is never wasted in learning. Great news. Great job in sorting through the details to gain your success.

Best wishes moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR